Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another boycott
MisterTinkles Wrote:BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!

Target has been around FAR LONGER than "the place of EVIL" (Walmart).
They hire FRIENDLY employees and have MUCH better quality of products.
They dont sell tons of chinese made garbage like "the place of EVIL" does now.

Target is NOTHING like "the place of EVIL"!!!

The Twin Cities are littered with Targets, and believe me, when I'm standing behind twelve other people waiting at one of the four checkout lanes open, the thought that I may as well have gone to Walmart never crosses my mind. :biggrin:

pellaz Wrote:all you hard core alcoholics out there, might consider not drinking something less than Russian vodka, in appreciation of their anti gay efforts. could by you:
[Image: 1010039_640819702613593_2055305413_n.jpg]

add to the list:
[Image: default_c5c57921777b5a4872843856.jpg]
[Image: chickfila.png]
[Image: bc61ce50ef35b14ac6ab4959b9770f7b.jpg]
[Image: anti-gay-companies.jpg]

With all the talk about bans. I wonder how the upcoming winter Olympics will turn out?

I for one, as i'm sure many are, regardless of sexual orientation, am outraged by Russia's current policy towards LGBT's. It's right up there with hitler and nazis.

[Image: 1372527277-participants-in-gay-pride-dem...5ea8e5.jpg]

[Image: 1000109_711286908900765_1153063518_n_zps013bc052.jpg]

Don't the twin cities look upon Target as a place of salvation? As they would a church, or yoga studio, or their lovers embrace?

The new beau, the latest-ex, and many of the people I've met and call friends over the last three years have all been from Minneapolis, and the way they speak of Target is the same way I'd speak of my dog - with unconditional love and reverence. It's weird to me.

Target is alright and all, and a far cry better than the store that shall not be named...but it's just a store that usually doesn't have the things I want and is going to send me packing to Central Market, some local shop, or the interwebz anyways.

Why you guys so against Walmart?

In ignorance, they have reciently bought a huge chunk of our Massmart, and I'm looking forward to 24h shopping :biggrin:

These are just some of the reasons I choose not to support them...

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archi...-shock-you

Eh. Walmart pays well at least.

TKC Wrote:Don't the twin cities look upon Target as a place of salvation? As they would a church, or yoga studio, or their lovers embrace?

The new beau, the latest-ex, and many of the people I've met and call friends over the last three years have all been from Minneapolis, and the way they speak of Target is the same way I'd speak of my dog - with unconditional love and reverence. It's weird to me.

Target is alright and all, and a far cry better than the store that shall not be named...but it's just a store that usually doesn't have the things I want and is going to send me packing to Central Market, some local shop, or the interwebz anyways.

*looks around, leans in*

I'm not from around here. I was actually thrilled to see one of the other common grocery chains is called Rainbow, but I hear it's a bit dodgy, depending on where in the TC you are...

TimeSage Wrote:Eh. Walmart pays well at least.

[Image: stop_the_lies.jpg]

Sport77 Wrote:With all the talk about bans. I wonder how the upcoming winter Olympics will turn out? ...
i always wonder why pick a group of people whos symbol is a rainbow? and relatively small (3-5%) segment of the population (3-5%) and havee influence spending power

why do governments do this?
have they (Russia) not invested a lot into the Olympics next year, would this complicate the investment. An unstable social perception reduce tourism and or general investment.

why do companies do this?
(Chick-fil-A), social organizations (Salvation Army) 4example, have they not heard its a recession.

Counselor Wrote:[Image: stop_the_lies.jpg]

Given I worked for them for a year and half (Well I worked at Sam's club. Same people though), I can tell you it it is not a lie. I was paid 9 dollars an hour to man a cash register. Given that is far above minimum wage and pretty good for a job that requires no real training or experience. They also offer decent breaks (We were REQUIRED to take 2 paid 15 miniutes and a 30 miniute unpaid lunch if we worked more then like 6 hours. Anything less we were required to take 1 paid 15) and offered OK benefits.

They may be evil but the dark side at least offers good incentives.