Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are you a creative or logical thinker - which hemishere of your brain do use the most
My question is are you a creative person - does painting or creating music come naturally to you ? or are you a logical person using the left hemisphere of your brain more - does mathematics come easy and is following a schematic a breeze, feel free to put some examples of yourself if you want to reply as well...

My problem to day was im learning to play keyboards and im coming along great - its feels naturally to me as well as all the other instrument ive tried - but then I've also been toiling for ages to connect an electro drum kit to a pc via cables and hooking it into a music software recording programme -ive read the manual till im blue in the face and still not got it working - it might as well be in Russian as I just don't seem to grasp the logical side to it somehow - is anyone else like this also

I used to play the piano/organ and sing in the Choir when I was a teenager. Nowadays, my piano hasn't been touched in years except to wipe the dust off it occasionally. Music was always a bit difficult for me, and lately,,,, thinking logically is also becoming a chore!!!!!

What I hate,, is everything requires "brain power" and I'm running out of brain cells... So, I'm attempting to preserve what I have left so,,, I'll close for now before another brain cell kicks the bucket (smile)...

Joining the single-celled-organisms,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

If you put it that way, I feel like I'm neither - I can't paint or make music and I'm total zero in math as well.....

I think both, I love math in as much as it's reliable; 2 plus2 will be 4. I studied trig and it came easy to me. I was good at algebra and, well just about everything with math.
As far as creativity goes, I love to write poetry and short stories. I have been told that I "think outside of the box"

Food for thought, I am also ambidextrous.

Very much logical, Physics, Maths and Computing have come somewhat natural, a lot of hard work at the beginning to understand the foundations but once that was established the rest just came along. I teach myself a lot of stuff as I find it easier that way, just reading and then playing around with the theory being presented. Currently trying to teach myself Quantum Theory whilst on a gap year with some Astro Physics for good measure.

As for creative, I've always lacked in that area, which is something that I wish I could change. Art was my weakest subject at school, and I couldn't grasp music either. I would love to have a crack at producing house music though, it's something that I really enjoy listening to, and something I feel I could be good at, however to cost of some of the software means it may have to wait a few years until I get that shot.

I am not at all creative. I am good at maths, but I think I'm good at learning how to do maths rather than coming up with logical ways to approach problems. However, I do appreciate logic. I am doing mathematical physics at university. Not that physics isn't normally mathematical, but it is taught as a strictly mathematical discipline. I am actually currently doing maths and physics but I am going to change pathway to mathematical physics. I don't like the way physicists teach physics. I suppose it's a matter of preference.

I'd put myself into the creative category - if technology goes wrong for me and I can't figure it out quickly I rapidly lose patience and have to fight the urge to bounce it off the walls!
I'm even having issues with the data settings on my latest mobile phone! Thank god for youtube; it has tech help for everything under the sun :biggrin: have you tried searching there for anyone having similar issues?
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

left brain-logical. I prefer to write and analyze over doodling and painting

I use my whole brain, just not very well

I did a test on this this past week on line - can't recall where.... :tongue:

I tested at 48% with the extra two percent going to the emotional/artsy side.

Nothing actually comes 'easy' for me. But nothing is actually that hard for me to learn - IF I'm interested in the subject. So no I won't be learning Swahili or Temporal Statistics anytime soon.

A lot of people claim to not 'get' something or make learning some things harder - not because they are incapable of it, but because they lack interest in the subject.