Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
betting
hi all.
was wondering if anyone places bets on lotto etc.
In the local bookies (betting shop) you can pick 3 numbers and place a £1 bet on the irish lotto. if your numbers come up its a return of around 600 pounds.
however....
There are alot of different options on the ticket including something called doubles...trebles etc

Can anyone explain in an understandable way what they mean? tried reading the rules but its alot of jargon and hard to grasp what it means.
Much appreciated
thanks

Nah, the odds are too long on Lotto and Lotto type games. I enter competitions that have limited tickets, something along the lines of 'Prize Homes' where the odds are a hell of a lot shorter making it better value for money.

It's also doing a good deed for Boystown or the RSL War Veterans who run these 'lotteries', so effectively you are donating to a charity with the chance of winning a house and/or car.

A double is where you place two bets and you need to win both in order to win the prize. Due to needing two outcomes instead of one, the odds will be better and you will earn more. Trebles are the same however you will have three bets and need to win all three. If you win two out of three bets you will win nothing.

I often put accumulators on the football.

I don't play the lottery or anything of that sort.

However, my friends and I have been known to place wagers on who can read the most books within a month. The loser has to buy the other dinner.

Yes, we are nerds like that.

I rarely play the lottery, it just doesn't really appeal to me too much. Most of the time its a big jackpot.