Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
biggest disappointment in the olympics
For me was at females judo :| Romania lost both chances to get thr golden medal Sad( .
And gymnastics of course, Romania was very good all ground gymnastics Sad(.
Simply sad.

For me it was Tom Daley and Pete Waterfield coming fourth in the synchronised diving. Cry

I'm not interested in the Olympics .... I hate sports .... and I will never understand why it should be good to be better than the guy next door ....
I just found it interesting today that a German athlete had to leave the Olympic games because she has a ( maybe ) radical right background .... the German controls against racistic and extreme right-wing behavior are working good.

I don't like the Olympics nor professional sports.

Mind I do like to play sports, I just don't like to watch professionals playing. Sports are participation events in my mind, not passive watching events.

I don't know, I may feel differently about the Olympics if I actually went to one instead of seeing it on TV with dry commentary. I do like to watch a good game of little league or street b-Ball. I did like (past tense) going to the ball-field to watch the professionals, until that is the Professional Base-ballers broke the spirit of the game going on strike demanding millions more.

Then again I think that sports should be the common people entertainment, not professionalized, glorified to the extreme and more important than other things like world hunger, teachers, etc.

The only times I've seen any of the Olympics is at work when I'm on break. The TV is glued to that station. It kind of interests me, but I don't think I would turn it on of my own volition. I much prefer playing sports to watching them.

But still it is nice. We have a chance to chant USA and like each other a bit better before we're all at each others throats during the election.

My biggest disappointment was that the swimmers wore the very large speedos this year. I guess I'm just superficial :-)
Richard

havent been watching

I also did want to mention that Olympics is spelled with a y
Not to offend but spell check is out there.
Richard

USA took home a hefty number of medals though! Wink

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I don't like the Olympics nor professional sports.

Mind I do like to play sports, I just don't like to watch professionals playing. Sports are participation events in my mind, not passive watching events.
Then again I think that sports should be the common people entertainment, not professionalized, glorified to the extreme and more important than other things like world hunger, teachers, etc.

Just to set the records straight, you do know that the Olympic Games are about amateur sport and not professional sport? Right?