Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car accident = STRESS!!!!
Hi All,
I havent been on past couple of days because i was invovled in a car accident... Luckily it wasnt too serious and I am alright but why is it they become so bloody stressful??????? I was sitting at a traffic light in town where there are two lanes... Left for straight on and left right for right and straight on... A taxi driver was next to me whilst the lights were red and upon going green the taxi driver headed up and then decided to collide into me as he wanted to turn left... What the hell was all that about??? I got his number as he said he would pay cash and i said to him i estimate the damage to probably be about 80 - 100 but cant be sure as im not a car mechanic.. Upon getting it to a garage for assessment they said it would be £220 to repair and i called him today to tell him the totasl and he refuses to pay and kept telling me to swap my car with him... Why would i want to do that?? Kept tellibng me my car is worth no money at all and i kept saying regarless of value of my car you damaged my car you pay for it... Then he tried to fob me off with excuses and how i damaged his car and i said maybe your car is dented BUT you went into me and admitted liability as you were on your sat nav... In the end i put the phone down on him and contacted my insurance company and awaiting for them to get back to me...

Anyone else had a car accident and had to undergo insurance claims etc??? If so how did it go?? I will update you when i hear a result

Kindest regards

zeon

Update: His just texted me to say i get car fixed he will pay me £220... I am not happy chappy with this so gone to insurers anyhow and ignoring his text no longer communicating...

Best to let it go through the insurance company ... although the claims can sometimes get out of hand. Don't be surprised to find out that YOU have now written off his car and he now has a debilitating whiplash injury rendering him unable to work for six months! :frown:

Good luck, anyway.

His offer of cash and then to swap cars sounds like he doesn't have an insurance company.

Cardigan thats exactly what people at work have said... Well today he paid up the full amount of money and now i can get the car fixed.... I didnt back down and he said to pay by cheque and i made him go and get cash i tolsd him i dont know him from adam and i aint trusting a cheque... He went along with cash:-)

Lucky. I know that there are some obscure rules here. If you both leave it doesnt matter how much information you took down they can always say that you made it up, or they werent there, and then youre just S.O.L.

Best to take pictures, this way you can always show proof, its a good idea to keep a disposable camera.

Sod a disposable camera... I got a HTC andriod phone and recorded his car and damage sustained on my video camera.... Lovely bit of technology

lol, that works too, but i was going with the disposable because some people are old fashioned.

rakmatis Wrote:lol, that works too, but i was going with the disposable because some people are old fashioned.
Clearly not zeon!

lol... i aint no... l gave up disposables when i felt i could save soime notes..