Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cigars
I'm starting this thread because i want to get it out there that i'm interested in collecting and maybe, just once in awhile for special occasions and such smoking cigars, don't ask why i just find them fascination and i was wondering if anybody hear can recommend some good, affordable ones to start out with or maybe give some advice on what to look for (and yes i have a few humidors within distance of my house so i now where to find them) and preferably i want to stick with "real" cigars.
thanks for any advice

Haha… sorry I can't help you, but you just reminded me that I have an unopened pack of cigars in my vehicle overhead compartment.

I've only smoked a real cigar maybe twice and they were called Cheap Bastards. As you can imagine, they weren't of the highest quality. I did go through a period of smoking Black and Milds. Not sure if that counts. I don't really smoke nowadays 'cept the occasional pipe smoking (that's not a euphemism) which I find much more enjoyable than either cigars or cigarettes.

Also, I know you asked specifically not to ask you why you're fascinated with smoking cigars... but I don't care.

Why are you fascinated with smoking cigars?

I like Tatiana mini cigars. They come in different "flavors" and they are small. If you are starting to smoke cigars, the mini's are great. You get a few puffs, but its gone before you really get sick of it.

My favorite flavored cigar is the Miami Suites Amaretto. Although I like the Amaretto in the mini's also.

Good brand cigars are nice because they are not treated with all the chemicals that cigarettes are.
They are not treated with all the "addictive" additives that cigarettes are treated with either.

I smoke rarely. If I do smoke, its because my lungs get clogged with shit and I cant get it out. Cigar smoke seems to be the only thing to get it loose so I can get it out of my lungs. The mini's are perfect for that too.

You can get the Tatiana's online or at a good cigar shop.
http://www.tatianacigars.com/tatiana-mini-bundles.php

The Miami Suites cigars are hard to find, hardly anyone carries them anymore.
If I buy some, I have to get them online. They are the medium sized cigars too, not the large ones. You just have to do some online shopping for these.

There are also "samplings" that cigar shops have. You might see about going to one of those.
You might have to pay a fee to go, but if you want to learn, it might be worth checking out.

Just in case you don't know I thought I'd tell you that they shouldn't be smoked like regular cigarettes. I'm just sharing because no one told me that when I was talked into trying one and it was a horrid experience. As best I can figure it cigars are more about taste and letting the tobacco get absorbed more than inhaled straight into the lungs.

Pix Wrote:Just in case you don't know I thought I'd tell you that they shouldn't be smoked like regular cigarettes. I'm just sharing because no one told me that when I was talked into trying one and it was a horrid experience. As best I can figure it cigars are more about taste and letting the tobacco get absorbed more than inhaled straight into the lungs.
oh trust me, plenty of people including my dad told me the same thing, though my great uncle didn't seem to get the memo :biggrin:

Wade Wrote:I've only smoked a real cigar maybe twice and they were called Cheap Bastards. As you can imagine, they weren't of the highest quality. I did go through a period of smoking Black and Milds. Not sure if that counts. I don't really smoke nowadays 'cept the occasional pipe smoking (that's not a euphemism) which I find much more enjoyable than either cigars or cigarettes.

Also, I know you asked specifically not to ask you why you're fascinated with smoking cigars... but I don't care.

Why are you fascinated with smoking cigars?

my first smoke was actually a black & mild that i had around when i turned 18, but now i want to try some higher quality stuff, and to answer your question, i don't know really, i just am( though i do like the smell of dried tobacco)

Wade Wrote:Why are you fascinated with smoking cigars?

Um, paging Doctor Freud....

Pix Wrote:Just in case you don't know I thought I'd tell you that they shouldn't be smoked like regular cigarettes. I'm just sharing because no one told me that when I was talked into trying one and it was a horrid experience. As best I can figure it cigars are more about taste and letting the tobacco get absorbed more than inhaled straight into the lungs.

Thats true of the really good and expensive cigars.
I had an Uncle who liked cigars. He would smoke half of it, let it go out, then chew on it for a week before he got another one.

Thats another reason for the mini cigars and the medium cigars....if you just want to smoke one and not have to waste it or chew on it, then they are the perfect size.

If you want something that "lingers" and can be lit again, you might try pipes and tobacco. I had an Uncle who smoked that stuff too.

I am allergic to cigarettes because of all the chemicals in them. But cigars and pipe tobacco are different. Those smell good. Pure tobacco smells good.

Wade Wrote:Why are you fascinated with smoking cigars?

Why would someone want a long, firm, rigid, thick object to shove in their mouths to suck on................

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm"......

[Image: 200.gif]