Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
define being a man
Being a man is the conscious state in which one views themself as a male regardless of their likes, dislikes, hobbies, mannerisms, and even their genitals.

dfiant Wrote:to me being a man and being a male are one and the same...a gender definition.

Not all men are beer drinking sports fantics.

Not all men could would be brave enough to run into a burning house to save a life, but these are the things that we seem to look at when define the male gender. Unfortunately to those that do not fit those 'stereotypes' or what is expected of a 'man' often feel alienation, left behind, less of a person.

So what I am saying is you cannot define a man other than by gender because there is nothing typical about all men and for that case all women.

So realistically, you CAN only turely define a man by his genitals.

While this may be partly true, I think that wasn't where the question was pointing at. I think it was pointing at the adult male and what he becomes once he's no longer a baby, a child or a teenager.
There are also people with the male gender who do not consider themselves to be men, or male so... again, it's not totally technically true, even though I agree that our genitalia is a beginning.

Niltra Wrote:Man, Wo-Man, Hu-Man...yupp, we are all the same ^^. Our physical features define our biological gender but really...in an over populated world, reproduction really isn't as essential anymore xD

Reproduction maybe not, but sex is Wink!!!