Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
education crap
Ugh I'm still sorting out university stuff

I don't actually want to do a lot of these things. I don't even know what lawyers do, let alone know that I want to follow that career path; the only career that I've ever actually been interested in is teaching, but I don't want to be poor.

I'm just ranting btw.

I think I should chnage course into psychology, but I don't if I'll be good at science anymore.

I know that this year doesn't mean anything much, but there's so many things, I don't know what I'm doing.

I think I might be only doing things because other people expect me to, but I can't tell.

Basically I'm just sick and tired of the fact that I will never ever be Pocahontas.

Why can't everybody just sing with all the voices of the mountains and go home stay home 1 2 3.

I'm very angry that the world never listened to Pocahontas in the end.

Lilitu Wrote:the only career that I've ever actually been interested in is teaching, but I don't want to be poor.

I've chosen teaching as my career path. I'm already graduated in classics and nearly in italian philology. I don't think I'll be poor. In my country language teachers in private schools for adults earn a lot of money, even three times more than in public ones. Then there are many other possibilities, depends on the course you study. If not a teacher, I can be translator, tourist guide or work for an international company. Then, it's better to follow your dreams than hate your job even if it means less money but for example Rowling finished classic and is definately not poor.

I always wanted to teach technology. Just not sure if I would be good at it

Haha, I get where you're coming from here. That's why I'm crazy and taking on two majors at once in order to cover all my bases. XD

Which is why the education system is f'ed up. Forcing kids and young people to define the entire rest of their lives according to everyone else's expectations and ideals. And deliberately shaping their decisions by squashing their dreams, inducing fear of no money and therefore reliance on money. And yet leading them into lives of debt.

I'll just say that teachers make comfortable salaries, perhaps not as much as they deserve to make, but they are by no means poor. If you are good at what you do, even if it is something generally considered worthless, you will excel professionally, and I think people tend to be better at things they enjoy. Except don't get a graduate degree in theatre studies, you might end up like me.

hmm, is it the university applications you fear? I hate those, they scare me. I have applications pending right now and I may or may not be losing sleep. If anything goes wrong I have a full year of waiting before applying again.

Teaching is a stable career IF you can get a job. Unfortunately, it tends to be oversaturated, so as a career choice you're rolling the dice. Pyschology is similarly over saturated --- you need to go all the way to your doctorate oftentimes, or so my anthropology teacher insisted.

What were your levels in highschool?

Here we have 3 tiers; workplace, college, and university prep classes. If you were able to do university level classes such as English, biology or chemistry, I imagine you're okay for almost anything. I'm finding post secondary easy and those are what I took (I did abysmally in chemistry until post secondary, and I'm finding it doable now).

Look at a wise variety of programs and think about how far you want your education to go, what you want to be, how soon you want to be making money. I personally had a small list of things, pretended I had the relevent education, and went mock job searching. Nursing was one of the only options that literally had hundreds of jobs open in my province.

I set aside getting a degree in English (I wanted to be an author as a young teen) for nursing because of that.

And breath...
Bighug

It's good to take Psychology if you are still not sure what profession to pursue Smile

Here in my country, Psychology is a pre-medical and pre-law course that's why i took it. Also, you can take masters depending on your preference...you have broad selection. I also hate math that's why i chose it. It is really fun...

Wish you the best Smile