Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first snow fall of the year
what is the weather like in your area?

first snow fall of the year here.
the last week or so its been record high temperatures but last night it started to snow. still doing it now. difficult to say how much accumulation because it melts quick, at least on the roads. the storm will leave this afternoon along with the clouds and expect the night to be very cold.

the start of winter.

Awww send the snow here (The UK). Our weather is as expected, rainy. But theres been quite a low on rain, we have had less rain now than in the summer. Only recently did the grass start turning yellow.

Snow would be nice.:biggrin:
I heard that we should of had some by now.
Perhaps we will soon?
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

here in the UK 6 miles outside of brighton it is very cloudy it has rained on and off and past two nights around 2am we have endured lovely thunderstorms.... If there was something better than sex thunderstorms would do it for me lol... I love em massively the more violent the better!

Here in the Black Country it's cold but dry, and I'm one that's hoping the snow will stay away for a long time to come, because where I live it's so exposed that snow hangs around for a very long time....!

Coffee

Xandor Wrote:No snow yet here in northeastern US. Some rainy days, highs in the 60s and 70s and lows in the 30s and 40s.Confusedmile:

pretty much it lol

The weather here is overcast about 16 with the chance of rain ,which is really strange for spring time .
This is the second year in a row that this has happened.

First snow in town was yesterday. We had snow on the mountains for the last couple of weeks, however. It is fun to look up on a bright sunny day and see the mountains all covered in white. Today it seems to be varying between overcast and partly cloudy, just depends on when you look out the window. It is cool enough to need a jacket. Leaves are still on the trees, many still green, which is rather late in the season for my area.

It snowed over a lot of the island yesterday/today. I hate it. I mean, it's only October. It's bad enough when we get snow in December/January, I don't want any now.
That's one thing I hate about living here: the snow.

We got somewhere between 6 & 8 inches of snow from Tues Night & Wed afternoon. Then the storm & clouds moved out overnight & it got freezing cold - it was 14F (-10C) when I got up Thurs morning.
One thing is allot of trees here still have their leaves (and some are still green) so all that heavy wet snow built up on the branches.....

-----------
So like pellaz said "the start of winter" .. I'll add "yuck" LOL

I don't mind the snow in winter Smile, but I don't like cold (below 20F)(, & hate below 10F, although the worst is when it gets below zero)