Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
food riots in n america
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:They don't. and they go into the uncounted segment. Unemployment statistics published by the government only count those collected unemployment. If you are not collecting a check you are not counted.

Welkome to Amerika Kommrad.

Bowyn, please check your information more thoroughly.

The Unemployment rate is determined by the Current Population survey, which is conducted monthly.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm#where

And, as I posted above, there are actually numerous programs in place, which can be used. So, again, please make sure to double check when you aren't sure. There is enough misinformation out there as it is without any of us adding to it.

WesHollywood Wrote:This post may appear off topic, but it is not. Last nights network news showed that the European Union worked out a deal to keep Greece from going under. No one likes it. The Prime Minister of Greece, (apparent moron), is putting it to a vote of the Greek people, when he should be on his knees thanking the 17 members of the European Union who busted their butts to put the package together.

Greece goes, the banks in the European Union go under, followed by the United States. That is what the big economic conference is about this week.

Occupy Wall Street I am with you, but there is a debt problem out there that threatens to bring down the planet, and from everything I have seen, once this house of cards begins to fall, the whole planet can go quickly. Hang on tight America.

Your information is out of date, the G-20 put the hurt on the Greek Prime Minister, and he has called off the vote. Though, it sounds like he will be unemployed himself soon.

pellaz Wrote:only a few more years ...
nice about those donated cans of food tho

My outlook on the future isn't quite so dower as yours. I may be wrong, but I don't think we will be seeing the likes of the Great Depression this time around. I think there is a great deal of hype about a bad situation magnifying it into a massive situation.

What will have to happen is some smart policy--and not just at home--for real recovery and deficit recovery.

I think if we get pissed enough, we will actually get it too. Complacency has been our sin.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:If you are not collecting a check you are not counted.

Welkome to Amerika Kommrad.

The 'Hidden Unemployed' is what you are talking about and you are absolutely correct. It refers to those that are under-employed IE casual/PT Workers who are only working a few hours a week, and those that have not actively sought employement over a certain period of observation, generally 4 weeks.

I don't know if they use the welfare system as an indicator or not, they could very well do so.

If they don't, another thing that could corrupt the unemployment figures is those that are still employed and are actively seeking new employment.

But yeah, if you aren't collecting welfare and you aren't employed or actively seeking work, I would suggest you are hidden in real world statistics.

a good to all of this:
right now the US government is really a stick in the mud. these demonstrations will bring home the the need to make the decisions necessary, in a timely manor, that benefit the voters. not everyone aspires to be a member of the tea party but we all want an average or better future.

sorry to be so pessimistic
but there is a real point where things will not recover to where they were. will we cross that line and not know it?

WesHollywood Wrote:This post may appear off topic, but it is not. Last nights network news showed that the European Union worked out a deal to keep Greece from going under. No one likes it. The Prime Minister of Greece, (apparent moron), is putting it to a vote of the Greek people, when he should be on his knees thanking the 17 members of the European Union who busted their butts to put the package together.

Greece goes, the banks in the European Union go under, followed by the United States. That is what the big economic conference is about this week.

Occupy Wall Street I am with you, but there is a debt problem out there that threatens to bring down the planet, and from everything I have seen, once this house of cards begins to fall, the whole planet can go quickly. Hang on tight America.

This is why the UK should listen to the UKIP party and be a independant nation again... We are United Kingdom that consists of England Wales Scotland and Northern Ireland only...... Not the rest of fucking europe lol... If they wanna join the euro and then go pop when the time is right thats upto them... I voted to keep the pound im dead against the euro its a bloody stupid idea having every country the same because then that country looses some of its independance from the rest!