Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay characters in non-LGBT films

This scene?

[MENTION=21783]ShiftyNJ[/MENTION], yup, that's the scene.

CellarDweller Wrote:How about Simon Bishop? Played by Greg Kinnear in "As Good As It Gets" with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt

i saw that film when i was in high school and don't remember anything about it except that Jack Nicholson threw a cat down the trash shaft (i don't know how you call those things in the US), or something.

i like Greg Kinnear. looks like i gotta watch it again then.

CellarDweller Wrote:How about Simon Bishop? Played by Greg Kinnear in "As Good As It Gets" with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt
There is no contest that Greg Kinnear's character is gay, however, you might wonder why Jack Nicholson is so anti.... no? Doth he not prostest too much?

ShiftyNJ Wrote:

This scene?
That is some intense acting. Bravo for showing it to us.

I was thinking of Midnight Cowboy... not precisely a gay film, but well, you never know which way the wind might blow... except that Dustin Hoffman's character dies in the end and Jon Voight's character is just as lost as he ever was.

boyasia90 Wrote:I like it...............................

You like what?

I remember, when I was 11, seeing the movie adaptation of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof". By the end of it, I was absolutely AMAZED. I had sat through the entire movie with my parents and I kept looking over at them throught the film wondering how they couldn't SEE what I was seeing!
It lead me to obsessively read through all of Tennessee Williams' plays, and later (when I was 17) to a huge argument with my parents. I still remember my mother telling me "Paul Newman would never have taken the role if it was about a gay man!"! LOL
What is really funny, I think, is that if you go to IMDB and look up the film, there is a comments section where people are STILL arguing that Brick wasn't gay! Please, I knew he was gay when I was 11!
~Beaux

the one that stands out for me is Montgomery from the original FAMRE in 1980...

This is him singing third..

Beaux Wrote:I remember, when I was 11, seeing the movie adaptation of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof". By the end of it, I was absolutely AMAZED. I had sat through the entire movie with my parents and I kept looking over at them throught the film wondering how they couldn't SEE what I was seeing!
It lead me to obsessively read through all of Tennessee Williams' plays, and later (when I was 17) to a huge argument with my parents. I still remember my mother telling me "Paul Newman would never have taken the role if it was about a gay man!"! LOL
What is really funny, I think, is that if you go to IMDB and look up the film, there is a comments section where people are STILL arguing that Brick wasn't gay! Please, I knew he was gay when I was 11!
~Beaux

that is going on my list. gonna watch it. thanks Beaux.
''Do I look civilized to you?''