Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay father vs adopted son
so i started a thread about a paper by Mark Regnerus "How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships? Findings from the New Family Structures Study" from the University of TX Austin.
-only a sample size of 40
-got paid nearly a million usd from a conservative group, this paper could not have bee that much work.

comes out today he is an adopted child of a single gay man.

How does he feel about his father?

have you seen other people with a theory or issue and you drill down to find a fractured relationship; 4example a otherwise god fearing family with one gay son/daughter.

That explains alot.....

pellaz Wrote:4example a otherwise god fearing family with one gay son/daughter.

This is my family. They are crazy christians and I am their gay son/brother. They have done everything to alienate me from their lives and though I tried to maintain some semblance of a relationship with them, they ultimately, through their actions, made that completely impossible.

I'd love to see a study on this. For certain there would be more than 40 participants available for this one.

40 participants does not a real study make. It's too bad that studies like this get funded when childhood obesity, alcoholism, compulsive gambling, serial rape etc (I could name 50 more issues) could be looked into, not to mention education. Let's put that million $ into the education system!

Interesting. However attack the study not the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

were doing both here if you dont mind

that is what they say to them,

fredv3b Wrote:Interesting. However attack the study not the man.

The man could have said no.

It's a fair point, he could have refused. It would be a rare academic who refused such a huge research grant.

Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.