Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay gene research
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:"Gay Gene".

I think sexuality is far more complicated than just a gene.

This, yes.

The search for a "gay gene" seems purely political. The conservative religious have tried to convince some gay people that they need to justify themselves by being able to point to something and shout, "Look! See there? That's a gay gene. It's not my fault, I told you, I can't help the way I am... boo hoo. Now will you please accept me and talk to me like I'm a human being?"

Nobody needs to dance for them. It's like the whole medical marijuana issue. Some people (not all, I know) fight for the legalization of prescription marijuana only because they believe it's a stepping stone to full legalization. But to me, that's just slowing down the argument and progress. The argument should start where it should start. Nobody has a right to tell me what natural substance I can or cannot put into my body, period.

To get back on topic, I feel that whole gay gene search is just wasting time. Some people are gay and we deserve respect, regardless whether or not some people don't understand it, period.

@ Pix - Interesting. I believe Genersis is a twin... let's ask him? Xyxthumbs

Pix Wrote:What I find interesting is that plenty of identical twins raised together have one who is gay and one who is straight. They're often the same orientation but not always. And that would seem to rule out by environment AND genes as the factor. Something else is going on.

Reminds me of an old classmate of mine, he had an identical twin, yet he was gay and his brother not, I never knew his brother and I disliked him cause he was a bitch but they both seemed so different although they are "Identical" twins :p
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

maybe every species male/female has a different mechanism. we are trapped, not necessary a bad thing.

@pix i'm a twin but a freternal twin i think it's called

i am gay and my twin sister is completetly straight
but poeple have often joked that she got the guy gene and i got the girls one cause she is into sports and all that and i'd much rather be inside being a nerd
but no i think it's just random

Oh please , what other nonsense will they come up with next.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Oh please , what other nonsense will they come up with next.

Oh you know how it is Mum, when there's something that can't be understood or solved, then they classify is as a "mystery" and have to research it.

Nothing can exist outside of some invisible box that society has somehow placed over everything, because if it isn't "Normal" then it's abnormal and thus must not be able to exist within the box.

Luckily my favourite shape is a circle anyway... Dazzler1

oops, than it is a choice:eek:

Why is it nonsense?

QueenOdi Wrote:Oh you know how it is Mum, when there's something that can't be understood or solved, then they classify is as a "mystery" and have to research it.

You may believe you already understand it all, scientists have no such confidence.

QueenOdi Wrote:Nothing can exist outside of some invisible box that society has somehow placed over everything, because if it isn't "Normal" then it's abnormal and thus must not be able to exist within the box.

Eh? What are you suggesting? Scientists should not research something because that would make it 'abnormal'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because we are what we are and what makes us us is our genetic build up of DNA... Prejudice isnt in the genes because it is a learnt behaviour... I think we were not born to hate one another because lets face it it is only us as a race which has created a society... Before society we was nothing more than wild animals or there about