Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay gene research
I am sorry I don't follow.

Why must homosexuality be genetic but prejudice learned?

Prejudice, is sadly, fairly common across the globe and across time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

As long as these findings dont bother me i could not give a care in this stupid world about anything Tongue

fredv3b Wrote:I am sorry I don't follow.

Why must homosexuality be genetic but prejudice learned?

Prejudice, is sadly, fairly common across the globe and across time.

Considering the fact that one can't learn to be gay, it's part of who you are and it's not based off your environment. Animals exhibit homosexual behaviour and I'm sure they don't "learn" that from each other. People who have prejudice ideals and who have children are likely to raise them with those beliefs and in turn exhibit this ideals although this can't be 100%, people are different. But I'm sure you'll manage to come up with a why? Or a what? question for it. :p

Ind Wrote:Scientists try to figure out all kinds of stuff, sometimes useful, sometimes not.

The issue with genes is that for most things there are multiple genes and environmental factors that make them happen.

We keep on hearing about diabetes genes, schizophrenia genes and so on. What people tend to forget, is that you can have all those genes and still be diabetes and schizophrenia free. The same works both ways, a diabetic schizophrenic might have none of those genes.

Similarly, sexuality is not a single on/off switch. So no matter how much research they do, the answer to what causes homosexuality will always remain - genes and environment.

Not that I am comparing homosexuality to illnesses or anything :p

This explains it perfectly to my above post.

[Image: Gay+Switch.png]

Antagonists are everywhere, we can't avoid them, there is even one in this discussion.

The thing with antagonists is they thrive on conflict, and all too often we give it to them.

Better if we don't feed the trolls and just live our lives as we naturally should while the antagonists tumble and twirl with conflict, chasing their own tails while we merrily live our lives they only way that we know how.

mrk2010 Wrote:Animals exhibit homosexual behaviour and I'm sure they don't "learn" that from each other.

Pack animals display prejudice. Is that learnt or genetic?

mrk2010 Wrote:But I'm sure you'll manage to come up with a why? Or a what? question for it. :p

I am sorry you find questions so tedious. I find answers fascinating.

Fred

fredv3b Wrote:... Is that learnt or genetic ...

Fredv, you set the gay agenda back 33 years

dfiant Wrote:Antagonists are everywhere, we can't avoid them, there is even one in this discussion.

The thing with antagonists is they thrive on conflict, and all too often we give it to them.

I am sorry you find questions and doubt so disruptive.

Fred

fredv3b Wrote:I am sorry you find questions and doubt so disruptive.

Questions and doubt I DON'T find disruptive.

I find that someone who contributes NOTHING but atagonising EVERYONE is a bit tedious and disruptive.

Never seen you add anything positive to ANY discussion what so ever.