Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay villians/hero's/anti-heros
dwatt Wrote:Colossus wasn't gay but northstar is. I'm sure there r others.

He was gay in the Ultimate Marvel universe.

Edit: Also, one of the main protagonist in Mieville's fantasy novel, Iron Council, is gay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Council

faceslikemine Wrote:Perhaps slightly off-topic, but has anyone ever played Earthbound? I love the way they approach the subject there :biggrin:

Let's see, one boy in a treehouse in the first town expresses his "admiration" for the main character. And apparently the best friend of Jeff Andonuts has a romantic interest in his long-time room mate. But it's been years since I played it properly so I never noticed it at the time. Like the difference between the things a child and an adult sees when they watch The Simpsons.

Also, in the sequel, Mother 3, the mystical beings "The Magypsies" are clearly gender indeterminate.

Wow!
I never expected to see Earthbound or Mother 3 on here!:eek:
:biggrin:

I completed them both a couple of years back.Confusedmile:

I didn't notice that in Earthbound/i don't remember that in Earthbound.:redface:
But i don't think anyone could of missed The Magypsies distinct lack of a distinct gender.
They were awesome.:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

XRIMO Wrote:Xena: Warrior Princess was bi :p and so was here sidekick/soulmate Gabrielle. Though most things in Xena were subtext, I was surprised the show never truly jumped into the issue of sexuality to the fullest.

Been waaaaaaaay too long since i've seen any episodes.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

jaxc Wrote:does anybody here know of gay villians, heros, or anti-heros in tv? just something i dont see much( oh and try to think of ones that are main characters, batman and robin dont count!!!!:biggrinSmile

I suggest the Omar character in the HBO The Wire

played by Michael K. Williams
[Image: omar.jpg]

[Image: 2006_09_07_wire2.jpg]

Genersis Wrote:Wow!
I never expected to see Earthbound or Mother 3 on here!:eek:
:biggrin:

I completed them both a couple of years back.Confusedmile:

I didn't notice that in Earthbound/i don't remember that in Earthbound.:redface:
But i don't think anyone could of missed The Magypsies distinct lack of a distinct gender.
They were awesome.:tongue:

I actually have a quote from it here:

Boy in secret hideout (Onett): "You've grown since I last saw you. You're beginning to look like a man.
You're so cool!
I.....I think I really like you.
Well, you know what I mean." (If you speak to him after that he just repeats "You know what I mean")

Tell me it's not just me :tongue: