Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello
So googling about and I came across the site today and thought it looked interesting, I think it looks greatXyxthumbs . I think it will really help me out on so many levels. I don't think I am going to be able to write a really outstanding intro here but just this small start with what has been put on my profile stats. I will hope to be able to contribute more as opposed to lurking about.

Heya Confusedmile:
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it; and looking forward to maybe speaking to you sometime Biggrina

And don't worry about your intro. Mine wasn't exactly "profound" either Rolleyes

Hello and welcome Confusedmile: Hope you enjoy it here.

Welcome to another Canadian member.... Nice to hear from you Sinjin... How do you explain your name?

Thanks! Confusedmile: I've been browsing about and likeing it.

About my name, (and I am so imaginative to choose as my user title) I have never insisted anyone call me Saint John, I think my mum just wanted to be edgy and have something entirely different from every kid in every grade of my schools and let me have every variation of it offered to me by my peers

When I moved to Canada, most kids thought it was East Indian, others, a kind of spice, and still others think it totally gay. It's English/Irish/french meaning St. John. Only one teacher in Canada got that part, and called me st. John for a month till I told him it wasn't doing me any favours.

I've never had the opportunity to explain my name in this depth before. Laugh

A good explanation Sinjin...

I assumed it was St John (pronounced Sinjun, here). Not such a common name these days. Chelmsford used to have a member of parliament called Norman St John-Stevas.

Hello Sinjin,Xyxwave welcome to the forum. I like your name, mine's Ben

great big HELLO Smile

sinjin Wrote:Thanks! Confusedmile: I've been browsing about and likeing it.

About my name, (and I am so imaginative to choose as my user title) I have never insisted anyone call me Saint John, I think my mum just wanted to be edgy and have something entirely different from every kid in every grade of my schools and let me have every variation of it offered to me by my peers

When I moved to Canada, most kids thought it was East Indian, others, a kind of spice, and still others think it totally gay. It's English/Irish/french meaning St. John. Only one teacher in Canada got that part, and called me st. John for a month till I told him it wasn't doing me any favours.

I've never had the opportunity to explain my name in this depth before. Laugh

I like it, so it would have been a phonetic deformation of the French Saint Jean, in which both the final T and N would be silent. Actually when I saw your name I thought it looked like an interesting Chinese name... from the two characters Sin and Jin.... which could mean many things