Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey
Welcome. I'm a newbie too SmileButter

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Well first Hi there and Welcome Wavey

And I'm going to show you my sincerest welcome to you, which may seem a bit mean spirited... but I'm going to make a few corrections to what you wrote because I do care and I feel for ya.

1. I've been gay since I was 14 years old.

Um no... You have been gay since before birth. You just realized it when you were 14, were able to start fathoming interpersonal relationships of the lovers sort. But you were born gay, not magically became gay at a later point.

2. When I find out I wasn't normal and didn't like girls I got depressed and kind of became a loner.

Truth is you are normal, for a gay boy you are totally and wholly normal.

You are just not a heterosexual, thus you don't fit into the majorities ideas of what 'normal' is.

What is normal for LGBT folk is that they spend their first part of their life (that part we call childhood) utterly isolated from the rest of the LGBT world. Most have no real clue what being LGBT is about, and sadly, those around them tend to paint this horrific picture of hellfire, brimstone and horrors beyond imagining, because you know society is prickish when it comes to LGBT.

Most LGBT remain 'alone' in their gay world until their late teens early 20's, when they start meeting other LGBT and start going to places where LGBT people congregate.

Most LGBT keep their orientation to their self until later. A few do come out in their early to mid teens, but the majority still keep silent about it until they are out of the parents home.... Some I fear remain silent and try to be heterosexual and play that life style until much later in life.

The silence thing is called 'being in the closet'.... We all have our closet time, and all went through the horrors and tragedy, the doubt and fear and the real sense of safety that being in a closet brings with it.

So.... with all that said, I declare you perfectly, and utterly normal....

For a gay dude. :tongue:

Aside from the job at walmart, most LGBT have a similar life to yours - you know boring..... So I declare you normal there as well.

So I'm sorry if I burst your bubble about being abnormal.... Don't hate me forever please. Wink

Thanks for the words. The reason why I made an account on here was so that I can see the views of other people too. Well I didn't really like other guys when I was a kid.. The time I found out I liked them I was 14. It didn't feel like I was born gay. I never found other people around me attracted before I turned 14.... Ya.. I'd expect you to say I'm normal. I'm on a website with gay people. Of course you'll say that. XD I appreciate you calling me normal.. but I know in the majority of the population's eyes I'm not normal. :/ Ya I was pretty isolated during high school. I'm pretty isolated now to be honest. But I don't want to meet other gay people(in real life). It will just be too weird for me. I would like to talk to other gay people on here though. Maybe get some advice over coming my homosexuality. I know what being in the closet means. I plan on staying that way to my friends and family. They don't need to know I'm gay. It'll add unnecessary stress onto them. I love the fact that you think I'm normal. :p It's not surprising you do though because you are gay. And I don't hate you. I like that you took time out of your day to talk to me. Smile

CellarDweller Wrote:welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome cowboy.

BlueStar Wrote:The chat works when you reach 50 posts.

Wink

Oh? I didn't know this place had a chat. I thought the other guy was talking about e-mail.

Miles Wrote:If you post in the Word Games section, you can get to 50 pretty quickly.

welcome to gs alex

Thanks for the welcome. :p

wayward Wrote:I will say this Triangle. What you have to say is somewhat familiar and somewhat frightening. When I was three years younger than you are now I absolutely hated myself for being gay. I did the "pray the gay away" and cried myself to sleep. I nearly ended up hurting myself at the time and had to get professional help after a complete breakdown. If I were to advise you... get a new perspective asap. I would suggest that being gay should not equate to being broken or abnormal. The mindset you are using now will likely be eating at you sooner or later. You are not the only one with issues connecting with people longstanding or otherwise. I just posted a thread about that Yesterday. I admit BlueStar has been helpful to me there. I hope you find adequate help, and that you don't the drear catch up with you.

Well I don't hate myself for being gay. I just don't like the fact that I don't find girls attractive and only guys. It has been eating away at me for some time now.. but I'm not going crazy. The reason why I joined this forum was so I could understand more about myself. :p

Frente Wrote:Welcome to GS!
Like you, I spend most of my time by the computer, as I am not that social either. Well, that is who I was. After this summer I've been a little more social than usual (but only with my closest and dearest friends).
Don't worry about anything, we're here to help and listen to you if you need it - and, of course, laugh with you! Smile
Trust me, you will not regret registering this forum Big Grin

Really? I'm surprised. By the way you look like it looks like you get out much. :p Thanks for the warm welcome my friend. :p Why would I regret it? o-o

mackyboy Wrote:Welcome. I'm a newbie too SmileButter

Thanks! I guess welcome to the forums too.

gay23pk Wrote:Different country but almost same story and age. Your DP is adorable, would like to hear more about you

Ya.. most people are saying they have the same or similar story as mine. Which is weird. What's DP?

Triangle72 Wrote:Ya.. most people are saying they have the same or similar story as mine. Which is weird. What's DP?

DP- Display Photo/Picture (your avatar), definitely not Double Penetration. Hahaha!