Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do others Know?
I wonder if anyone has ever figured if I was gay. But I do not think it can be the way I walk, as I from time to time tend to walk a bit funny cause of my bad knees Sad

I just get a wierd feeling about people and it is also how they interact with you. I guess I have gaydar something straight people usually dont have. They really don't notice unless you have the type of voice walk or manorisims.

I have met a lot of people who know one would ever suspect...yet that wierd feeling about them (gaydar) is usually correct...sometimes they are just gay or bi people hiding...i know what it is like to be outed so I usually leave them alone.

I have talked to many gay people who do not seem to have the gift of gaydar...to me it is very useful!

It's hard to say, except for the voice thing, sometimes. I can't explain it but there are times I can tell a guy is gay by the way he talks. I don't think I talk this way most times, however, since I spent most of my life, trying to hide any hints of gayness, lol.

Apparently most people think I'm straight when they first meet me. I don't have the voice, but I do have the walk. I'm also always with women. I work with them better too. In terms of selling jeans (I work in retail), I can sell to women better than men. And they apparently think I'm a good person to judge which look better on them. Haha.

I'm rather masculine physically, mentally is another story. That's why gaydar doesn't work well on me, but it's easy for me to tell who else is gay. Smile

I tend to hang out more with women also, but just as friends, not with any romantic interests. I talk to women more and trust women more than men. Actually, I'm a little afraid of being in a romantic relationship with a man.

Probably this is because my mom raised me as a single parent, after my dad died at age 1 and a half. I did have some trusting relationships with guys, like my grandfather, and a "big brother" from our church, but still not the same as that father/son relationship.

I don't know about Gaydar, it's never really worked on me, I'm a 33 year old single man, but I've also been a line Infantryman for the last 11. I'm a combat leader, I like guns, sports, beer, all the normal things, but I also like men. The only people who've ever really known I like men are the one's I've told. I've been asked a couple times in gay bars if I'm really gay or not too, so I don't think Gaydar really works.
Richard

im not really sure. but airborns brother who is gay knew long before i accepted it. WTH??? how does that happen???

i am convinced a few p[eople i know are going to be gay by their mannerisms..... Therre is a little incline which u can tell if u read between the lines

dlboy53 Wrote:Ok I have seen a of you use the word camp. Can you explain what you mean by this?

In two words:

Richard Simmons!

To be honest I don't think there is a real way you can actually know. Yeah some people may exhibit mannerisms which are stereotypical but I'm sure the majority of gay men don't actually exhibit this. You can get some pretty feminine and camp acting straight men too.