Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i can't date
I can only have fun , but no love with another man.

Welcome to the Forum T18.

Your 18, there is nothing wrong with having (safe) fun as you grow and explore your sexuality.

Love will happen, when it happens Smile

ObW
X

Hello Teen18, and Welcome to GaySpeak. That's what we men do... we have fun first and then we fall in love, sometimes... Women do it differently, they fall in love and then have fun. Just generalising, of course, this is maybe not your experience.
Sometimes we're just ready for a new life experience, we have it, then maybe we reflect on whether we want to do it again, and pursue it.
With women, with men, it's not very different, once we've had a taste of what the relationship could be like sexually (and regardless of the fact that it might not repeat itself, despite our terrible awkwardness in our first (virgin) time) we think we'll buy into the experience more durably... There has to be more than just sex for love to exist. It's a more fulfilling experience. When both exist simultaneously, it's great. Sometimes they evolve separately, and unequally.

Don't worry. You are still too young. Have fun, stay safe and you will fall in love when you meet the right guy. You are still in a phase to discover many things and to enjoy life. Don't blame yourself. Men don't fall in love easily.

If you can have fun you are miles ahead of most. Keep at it.
I bid NO Trump!

Sometimes while having fun, you can stumble and fall in love.

Well, maybe it hasn't happened yet, but you're 18, have still have plenty of opportunities ahead. If you are meant to find a person to fall in love with, most probably you will find them without actually looking for them, so don't worry too much. Just enjoy the ride Ride

Look at it this way; Now is a good time to have fun. Having fun and falling in love can be untidy particularly if you're having fun with the person you're not in love with....

Or...

You are just picky and need a really special person to give your heart too.

And that may be a good thing:
When I Was One-and-Twenty

By A. E. Housman When I was one-and-twenty
I heard a wise man say,
“Give crowns and pounds and guineas
But not your heart away;
Give pearls away and rubies
But keep your fancy free.”
But I was one-and-twenty,
No use to talk to me.

When I was one-and-twenty
I heard him say again,
“The heart out of the bosom
Was never given in vain;
’Tis paid with sighs a plenty
And sold for endless rue.”
And I am two-and-twenty,
And oh, ’tis true, ’tis true.

I've felt the same way for a while now, but sometimes you just can't win. Doesn't stop me from having fun anyway Wink

Be safe, and welcome Smile