Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i can't date
I'm the opposite, it's not fun unless there are strings attached. I'm a bit of a sappy bastard.

Enjoy your "fun" and have a lot of it. It's a lot easier at your age to have lots of sexual experiences. You learn from all of them. (Most loves at your age are not lasting anyway.) At some future time, you may fall in love, and that will be anew experience. For now play safe - always. Otherwise, you could get a disease that will drastically affect your future.

Dating is about getting to know someone, so you can decide if and how you're going to relate to that person moving forward.

Determining that there isn't a spark is not a failed date. In that case the date served its purpose. You can decide to be friends or decide to go your separate ways.

Deciding that a guy is better as a friend than as a lover is not a failed date. Deciding a guy is only good for a passing fling is not a failed date.

Discovering that there is mutual attraction and the same level of interest is of course the best date of all, but that is not necessarily the usual outcome of a date.

If you look at dating as getting to know the other person, then most dates are a success, because you can easily accomplish that.

See, you're better at dating than you thought!

I personnally (and I'm insisting on personnally) find completely stupid to try to find love at 18, 23, etc.
We're young, I think we need to live our experience before being in a relationship...

Have fun! Love will come later Wink

I certainly agree you're not necessarily looking for lifelong love in your teens and early 20s. It can happen for the few who are wired that way. For many, these early and perhaps short-lived relationships are still quite good. Each relationship should make you smarter about what you want in a relationship and what types of guys are compatible with you.

You bring to your new relationship all the experience you gained from all past relationships. That's actually worth a lot.