Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it wrong to like an 11 year old if im 15? /:
ok so im really confused... i like my ex girlfriends little sister.. and she's 11... im not some sex craved boy, and i wouldnt do anything with her, but is it okay that i like her? (im a girl btw)..

i think its ok to like a 11 year old since your 4 years older than herConfusedmile:

and as long as your not trying to do something sexual

It's A-OK, just don't do something sexual like toomuch said.

thanks guys but it still seems wrong.. i was 14 when i dated her sister that was 12, i got a lot of crap about being a pedo... so being 15 n her 11 makes it worse so yea... /:

to me there is a big difference between 11 and 15,remember too that you could get into a load of trouble with the police once you turn 16,I would keep well away and look for someone your own age.

simon Wrote:to me there is a big difference between 11 and 15,remember too that you could get into a load of trouble with the police once you turn 16,I would keep well away and look for someone your own age.

its not like im trying to get with her. just a crush.

I'm inclined to agree with Simon that it's not really appropriate. But at your age things can be confusing and lines are blurry, I wouldn't say you have to worry about being a pedophile.

When you're 25 and she's 21, four years is not a big deal; I've done bigger gaps on that both younger and older. Unfortunately, there's a lot of debate about when is someone old enough to make their own decisions, when is their brain developed enough (as it does keep growing into adolescence & beyond), etc. The laws in the U.S. are very clear, and there are times when people have been charged with statuatory rape of their significant others because even if they love you, the parents could still press charges, etc. If you were 25 liking an 11 year old, I'd say you're wrong because you're old enough to understand all these laws, etc. Since you are 15, only four years, I don't know if it's wrong... but I'd advise you to try and find someone your age to like. Perhaps if you were both in high school at least; as actually my sister was a senior in high school when she met her ex-boyfriend, who was a freshman, and even though he's an ex now they stayed together for eight years. But you said yourself people gave you a hard time for dating a 12 year old when you were 14, unfortunately stigmas do get attached and the younger you are, the narrow the gap of what people consider "acceptable". As you get older, people still often put a stigma on gaps, but usually accept them as long as both are adults.

jbrowder24 Wrote:When you're 25 and she's 21, four years is not a big deal; I've done bigger gaps on that both younger and older. Unfortunately, there's a lot of debate about when is someone old enough to make their own decisions, when is their brain developed enough (as it does keep growing into adolescence & beyond), etc. The laws in the U.S. are very clear, and there are times when people have been charged with statuatory rape of their significant others because even if they love you, the parents could still press charges, etc. If you were 25 liking an 11 year old, I'd say you're wrong because you're old enough to understand all these laws, etc. Since you are 15, only four years, I don't know if it's wrong... but I'd advise you to try and find someone your age to like. Perhaps if you were both in high school at least; as actually my sister was a senior in high school when she met her ex-boyfriend, who was a freshman, and even though he's an ex now they stayed together for eight years. But you said yourself people gave you a hard time for dating a 12 year old when you were 14, unfortunately stigmas do get attached and the younger you are, the narrow the gap of what people consider "acceptable". As you get older, people still often put a stigma on gaps, but usually accept them as long as both are adults.

im so confused right now /: i really like her but if its wrong or frowned apon i suppose i should just like...forget about it.. hopefully i stop likeing her soon.. D:

No, of c ourse it is not wrong and of course you shouldn't just forget abou her. But you have to keep in mind that an 11 year old's mind would be much different than yours, everything would be much different...I mean, it's not like you are going to get her pregnant. If you think that you reeeeeally like her and she likes you back and all, then go for it...but if it's a minor, idk, crush...try turning it into friendship instead.