Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kindle or books
I forgot how many books I owned until I started unpacking. Most of my things had been in storage for the last 12 years because I had now room for them in my previous living arrangement.

I have the full Stephen King collection, I have autobigraphies form Elvis to Bowie, James Dean, Andy Warhol, Jackie Chan, Ian Roberts to Dennis Rodman. I have maps and atlas' and numerous gardening and geological books, I have language books, alternative lifestyle books, a huge range of non-fiction and a small collection of Gay books and heaps more.

I have a ton of books, but I have a kindle as well. It has about ten books on it, though that's more just my own limits on spending rather than any bias of reading source. I personally love both. I love the feel of a book, turning the page in anticipation in the middle of the action, the weight of it reminding me how far I've come, and I just love the new book smell. One of my favorite smells on the planet.

But I do love the kindle as well. I put it inside of a large sandwich bag and can read in the tub without worrying about splashing water on any pages. I can slip it in my back pocket and bring it nearly anywhere. And since Borders, pretty much the only bookstore in town, went out of business, there isn't much in the way of finding new books besides ordering them online.

Definitely pros and cons to both (can't lend an ebook to a friend for a week, can't take fifty books in your carry-on at the airport without a lot of creativity), so having both is a very good way to go.

I make sure my partner has at least 5-6 books un read in his kindel

uh, what about the Nook? I got one and I love it so far. I do like buying books but the nearest book store is 1 hour away and Amazon takes to long :tongue: part of my new years resolution is to read more books but lately I've been using my nook to watch netflix Rolleyes and my addiction to video games is going to be hard to break.

I have both , and love it.

Also, for the record, I have an iPad loaded with books, magazines and the daily local newspaper...so much easier reading the paper on the loo with an iPad Smile

I'm a bit torn actually. I love books and the smell and having it dog-eared on the corners from heavy reading. I also like the fact that you don't need to power it up or charge it, but Nooks, Kindles and other e-books don't take half of your room space unlike books..

If I have to choose, I'd still pick books. There's still that difference from reading something off a page, than a screen ;]

Rainbowmum Wrote:I have both , and love it.

Yep, me too.

Don't go into our tiny bedroom, the north wall is literally a wall of books, floor to ceiling. I look at it this way, the books are insulation keeping the north winds out. :biggrin:

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Don't go into our tiny bedroom, the north wall is literally a wall of books, floor to ceiling. I look at it this way, the books are insulation keeping the north winds out. :biggrin:

That's funny bro Invasion