Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
knowledge
Knowledge, what is it, something learned from books, the lessons learned from the street, an inherent gift that we all have? I personally think all 3, and that to progress in life you need the knowledge of the past, books, the knoledge of the street, living, and the inherent gift to know what is right, who to care about, and throwing yourself on the gernade to save those who deserve to be saved. I am still searching for all the answers to this question. So all replies well be appriciated, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Like beauty and art are different to each person......so is knowledge.

Some think it is the retention of what is read and learned in school, while others think it is what is learned and practiced while living life.

Knowledge is the complete sum of what you have read, heard, experienced, and learned in your life so far. But it is not really knowledge, unless you know how to use it to its full potential, to help yourself become a better human being, to understand what is and what could be, and to know that there is more in this universe and on this planet than the infinitesimal bit we think we comprehend.

Knowledge is a tool. And as with all tools, if you do not know how to correctly use it, it is useless.

Some of the best knowledge is knowing what one does not know! Xyxthumbs
Interesting thread.

Know thyself.

I know you know I know so let's not pretend, eh? Whadda you know? Knowledge is power. Knowledge is a dangerous thing. Knowing and understanding are not necessarily the same thing.

I know and love a man whose IQ is well below average (below standard measures of intellectual disability actually) and he is one of the smartest, wisest souls I've had the pleasure of knowing. His greatest asset is often not having to struggle with knowledge and just using common sense. LoVe him dearly.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I learn mostly from life experiences.

Knowledge is power... Smile

Evan88 Wrote:Knowledge is power... Smile

And power corrupts.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I think knowledge can ba gained from many different sources and a variety of places.
From life experience,family and friends,books,film,work the Internet,I quess what can be most important is how you use the knowledge you gain.

Knowledge sometimes is an obsession...
James Wrote:I personally think all 3
I agree, Jim, all 3 and maybe even other things.
Knolwedge is a mixture of things that can help to solve any kind of problem or "help" in any situation if you're able to use them good.

In my opinion is something very important, but I think our society is going to forgot how much knowledge is. The most of the people whit a good career or with an high position in society (who I know) are also the most ignorant and rude...

To live and not learn is ultimate corruption.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I don't know shit