Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lost my glasses
not much of a thread but im really bothered - I lost my glasses that i use for watching tv and using computer etc in the bedroom , trivial i know but they just have not shown up - they never leave the bedroom ever , ive pretty much ransacked the place and i cannot find them - im starting to believe a bloody poltergeist has nicked them lol - i have a pair in the car for driving but these are my only other pair and it cost money to buy a new set - im just stumped at how they can just disappear into fresh air

[SIZE="4"]Hi [MENTION=18997]matty7[/MENTION]. That's an absolute bugger, I can sympathise. If it's any help, the last time I needed new glasses I used these:

https://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/

You need to send them your ophthalmologist's prescription. They are very quick and, depending on the frames you choose, relatively inexpensive, certainly cheaper than they would be from your ophthalmologist. [/SIZE]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I stepped on mine last week. Was lucky that the optician could bend them back in shape. She told me not to try to wear them on my feet any more.

Glasses are a pain. I had cataract surgery and it took more than six months for my eyes to settle so that I could stop using drugstore cheapies. Still not sure I did the right thing. Lotso money! I did get a better deal by going to Costco--about a third the price of the doctor's shop.
I bid NO Trump!

thx for the Help Londoner - the expense is something i could do with out but im more annoyed how they can just disappear - i only ever put them down in front of the tv or the pc ever

LONDONER Wrote:[SIZE="4"]Hi [MENTION=18997]matty7[/MENTION]. That's an absolute bugger, I can sympathise. If it's any help, the last time I needed new glasses I used these:

https://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/

You need to send them your ophthalmologist's prescription. They are very quick and, depending on the frames you choose, relatively inexpensive, certainly cheaper than they would be from your ophthalmologist. [/SIZE]

Ah! Nice one!

matty7 Wrote:thx for the Help Londoner - the expense is something i could do with out but im more annoyed how they can just disappear - i only ever pout them down in front of the tv or the pc ever

They'll turn up mate- most likely after you fork out for a new pair though :-(

My Mum's have turned up in unexpected places with the only explanations being that they seemingly fell off whilst she was wearing them and she didn't notice, or they somehow teleported off her face. Notable times include when she burnt a pair in amongst some garden rubbish when she had a bonfire, and when another pair disappeared for months only to turn up in the bottom of the chest freezer.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

IanSaysHi Wrote:My Mum's have turned up in unexpected places with the only explanations being that they seemingly fell off whilst she was wearing them and she didn't notice, or they somehow teleported off her face. Notable times include when she burnt a pair in amongst some garden rubbish when she had a bonfire, and when another pair disappeared for months only to turn up in the bottom of the chest freezer.

i agree Ian - im guessing i must have worn them somewhere else and then lost them - ive actually gone to the car before and gone to put my driving glasses on only to be already wearing my others so who knows whats happened to them

OK, we now have proof that glasses cause absentmindedness.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:OK, we now have proof that glasses cause absentmindedness.

Glasses of whiskey in particular!