Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
magical monkey.
Your stranded on an island alone (quite a nice island) and it provides you with all you need to live, coconuts and bananas, animals to hunt and no one comes to rescue you and one day a magical monkey offers you one of the following.

A tv set that shows any movie you want…
A radio set that will play any song…
A library with every book…
A playstation 4 and all the games…
A musical instrument…
A Drinks cabinet that never emptys…
A Dog…

You can only choose one

library with every book....

I would grow tired of just one instrument, I don't play video games, I don't drink booz (other than once or twice per year) and I've never had a pet. Telly and movies are dispensable to me.

I am wondering if a radio that can play any song, means that it will play that one song only..if not...I would be torn bewteen that and books..

Then again I could built a makeshift weapon and threaten the monkey with slashing it's throat while I rape it if it doesn't get me out of that island...:eek:

You can't try to leave the island..?

I love books, but music does it for me.

So it'll probably the radio that plays any song I want.

Then make a boat and leave the island.

Yes radio plays any song and the magic monkey is magic its not afraid of your threats :p

Then I am left with a torn decision...music would be preferable for the "not-going-insane-by-silence" bit

and, sir....that monkey has not met me yet, I assure you..I'll be eating monkey soon enough if it doesn't yield itself to me and my commands......

Bry: what's the fun in just building a raft...besides...where to go? how to survive in the middle of the ocean once supplies run out?

A dog..

He can be a source of entertainment, companion, a friend..

I mean out of all the choices, its the only one with LIFE.
Someone tangible i can hug, hold when im afraid, at least i know i have someone with me

A library would also be good.. Most especially if its about geography or history
With radio, playstation, tv etc.. The question is how long will they last? Does it have infinite power?

Dog would die. Books will last the longest. Drinks would make me feel sick for half the time, the rest are too limited.

Library.

A tv set that shows any movie you want… not enough worth watching Sad
A radio set that will play any song… with infinite batteries? still 2nd choice Sad
A library with every book… YES!
A playstation 4 and all the games… :p
A musical instrument… tempting, but a climate that supports coconuts & bananas is hell on stringed instruments Sad
A Drinks cabinet that never emptys… at least I'd forget making such a bad choice Sad
A Dog… no guarantee it wouldn't consider me one of the "animals to hunt" Sad

The pile of read books becomes material for a raft (the Kon Tomey?); read up on ocean currents, prevailing winds, celestial navigation, and seamanship; stock up on coconuts and bananas, and sail away when I please. I'd even take the magical monkey if he's up for the adventure!

Lilitu Wrote:Dog would die. Books will last the longest. Drinks would make me feel sick for half the time, the rest are too limited.

Library.

U literally said everything I was going to say ^_^!

southbiochem Wrote:Bry: what's the fun in just building a raft...besides...where to go? how to survive in the middle of the ocean once supplies run out?

So..

I guess I'm just gonna have to settle for the rest of my life to
live a life of solitude, marooned on a tropical island..

..at least there'll be music.