Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
matthew shepard slideslow on yt
Yes I need some advice bad I use to have a MySpace in memory of Matthew Shepard and I am going to do a slideshow on YouTube type thing and I was wondering what song I should use I was thinking about josh groban to where you are but I had some more in mind,Eric Clapton tears in heaven,pretenders I'll stand by you,eternal grace c block,lonestar I'm already there and if anyone has any suggestions it would help because I want a good song that can play while his pics go.on.yt and I might make some pics for him on.blinded and have butterflies and heaven like things it's gonna be so awesome because when u used tohave it on ms I helped people and loved it

Even though he doesn't know it, Matthew Shepard started a revolution that is still today gaining momentum and bringing us (All not just us as in us poofs), to a final conclusion.

That would make him a hero (Heroes - David Bowie)

I would say Over the Horizon Radar by Boards of Canada, but it's only one minute long...

I didn't know about this, I have just been reading up on it, and i began watching a documentary on u tube and had to stop, it really got to me

Also
I came across some pictures of him

- like someone had surrounded him with rainbow colours, and in writing - Matthew shephard died because he was Gay, this is not right" - well of course its not right - why state the obvious, and do it in rainbow colours! He died and should be respected!

My problem with Mathew Sheppard is that humans have focused on his death far much more than on his life.

He was a 'normal' kid, school, job, hoping to find love, most likely not going to be President of These United States, nor an actor in movies, nor a political force that would rock the ages. He most likely was going to be nondescript, having a job, having a house and being like millions of others who are never mentioned and whose name only a few personal friends know.

The only thing that Matt is known for is dying on a fence after being beaten near to death by two guys who hated him because he was gay.

That was his accomplishment, and it seems ghoulish to me that so many want to focus on that.

I have seen countless videos and commentaries. From the nice ones that try to focus on the crime of hate crimes to the horror of the Phelps Clan page that tells us how many days Matthew has been burning in hell.

Matthew is no longer the victim here. His Mom is. His dad (if still alive) is. They are the ones who are reminded of their loss each time some other person has to go on and on and on about Mathew and raise the fact that he was martyred.

If he was my son, I would be well tired about having another person collect images and string them together in a video played to some cheesy song which most likely Matt wouldn't have listened too.

Most parents who lose a kid are eventually allowed to move on, to forget for most days and to live their greif crippled lives. Matt's parents are not being given this gift. They are not being allowed to move on.

There are enough commentaries, pages dedicated, story boards, and empty symbolic 'messages' to commemorate Mathews Death.

Its time to stop producing more.

To be honest, Bowyn, if you've read anything about Matthew Shepard's parents, I think you'll find they themselves are keeping his memory alive and trying to do the best for better understanding of gays and against homophobia. Since this will be on Youtube, therefore on the Internet, nothing obliges anyone to go to that particular page to watch, so it's probably safe. I don't think it's as if these people troll the Internet to watch or read every video and comment that was ever posted about their son, is it? If they chance upon it, they might be pleased to see that their son is not forgotten.

By the way, for a similar case of unwarranted public attention (and you may not agree on my choice) memories of Rosa Parks spring to mind when talking about someone who didn't actually do anything really vital for the community at the beginning but who eventually became emblematic. She refused to leave her seat on the bus. An act of defiance, sure, or of a sheer fatique? In a different context it would have gone unnoticed except by the people riding that bus.

Nice idea jerryallenjr

I used to have a memorial website for Matthew Shepard
Even had a list songs specifically made for Matthew on it (same for books & movies)

There were quite a few memorial-type websites for him out there at one time (haven't checked my list of 50+ links in years to see how many still work...)