Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
medical care refusal on grounds of personal morals
It's immoral to refuse to sell health services to lesbians.

It's immoral to refuse to sell health services to gays.

It's immoral to refuse to sell health services to the poor.

It's immoral to allow health care to become the province of the rich.

If given the choice to rank immorality, as though it might matter, I would rank the refusal to serve the poor as more immoral than to serve those who are homosexual, as the refusal to serve homosexuals is less likely to result in a deprivation of services systemically in the current culture. Depriving the poor is broadly systemic and results in deaths.

But I'm not a big believer in ranking immoralities, as it is a self-serving exercise.

As for Jesus, I think he'd ask health professionals to stop using the term "caregiver."

WWJD?

He would probably weep when he saw a lot of the people who are speaking in his name...and claiming to represent him....

I am 100% certain he would not be a Republican...

As odd as it might seem in today's quickly changing world, there are still times when it would be best for a LBGT person to conceal their sexual orientation.

As an example: I don't tell my optometrist that I'm gay because he's made several statements which lead me to believe he is a christian & a republican. These statements have given me reason to not trust him with any personal information about me and I need his expertise, so I keep quiet when getting my eyes checked. Due to my being retired from the military, I am unable to pick & choose which doctor I can see with the medical insurance I have. I am stuck with him unless I want to pay out of pocket for services somewhere else.

Shoot,, I even had trouble getting married in Vermont where it was legal!!! We had 6 Justices Of The Peace to pick from to marry us, and each one gave an excuse why they couldn't. They were either sick, were going out of town, or were otherwise indisposed. We eventually had to go to a nearby town and I stayed in the car while my husband-to-be went into that Town Clerks office and asked if they had a Justice Of The Peace who could come in and perform a marriage ceremony. They didn't think to ask my husband who he was marrying, they just got on the phone and called in a Justice Of The Peace. When this person arrived at the Clerks Office to marry us, she was rather surprised that there were two men standing in front of her and she couldn't make any excuses at that point, so had to marry us!!!...

There are still many ways that people can freely discriminate against gay people, they do it on the sly side of the law and frequently get away with it.

You can imagine how difficult it would be if it was legal for people to claim a religious exemption for not providing services to LGBT people. It's hard enough already!!!
We Have Elvis !!