Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
megan stammers
The parents were just so glad to get their daughter back. Not sure whether they'll press charges against the teacher though, despite the fact he's in custody. It's still abduction as far as the parents are concerned... She's only 15. One more year and she'd have sexual majority...

She was found in bordeux in France. If she was mine id lock her in the house til she was 18 and home school her lmao. Glad she is safe though and I agree with gav too. She is as much to blame. At 15, everyone knows right from wrong.
I wonder how this will affect her publicly. She will probs get bullied for it. Maybe even make money selling her story in magazines lol

We don't know all of the circumstance, she may not be to blame here at all. I have known people that went with a molester/abuser seemingly willingly but, they were basically brainwashed by the abuser. In such a case, the follower is not at fault. And yes, in all cases, they claimed and, at the time honestly believed they loved their abuser. I'm not going to say she's at fault because we just don't know the whole situation, she may be a victim here.

I daresay we'll hear the conclusion of this in the coming days. I'll try to keep you posted with the news... BBC radio Four has a good news report segment.

I don't know enough to say about this specifically, but in GENERAL...I do expect more from a 30-year-old. Someone 15 is not only inexperienced and easily swayed by an adult player but their brains are also still developing (even if they don't do anything to damage their brain like stupid breath holding games to feel fuzzy or drugs, and I think it's a rare kid who doesn't) and as a result they have significantly less impulse control and tend to focus on imagined rewards more than potential pitfalls of their behavior. IOW, she's 15, I expect her to do stupid things if given a chance. He, OTOH, is 30 and yes I do hold him to much higher standards and I do blame him more than I blame her. (If their genders were reversed I'd say the same exact thing.) And the teacher (especially if he were married) has betrayed more people's trust than the girl as well, and he's likely experienced at playing females (or, as a teacher, at least kids).

And I expect teens can change, but someone 30 who pulls something like this is someone who can never be trusted with kids ever again as their pattern is pretty much set barring epic life changing experiences.

But if I did believe a 15-year-old was just as culpable as an adult then I'd also believe most laws regarding minors should be revoked and for giving them the rights & responsibilities of adulthood (which I DID believe when I was 15, btw). Because if they really are ready to make adult decisions then there is NO reason to keep them minors in the eyes of the law (that would include forbidding age restrictions to get into an establishment just as people aren't supposed to restrict to a specific race). I don't believe you can have it both ways, either they're kids who can't be held as responsible as adults or they're an unjustly oppressed group of people deserving of the same rights the rest of us enjoy (even down to not needing permission or a pass to go to the bathroom as most schools make kids get).

I'll add that I have a 15-year-old girl. I can't believe she'd do something like this, but if she did she would be in BIG trouble...but I'd also be worried about her. And the trouble she'd be in would be NOWHERE as bad as the 30-year-old who seduced her. I'm not saying the girl should be held blameless just that he's the greater offender here and she's as much a victim in my eyes (willing as she may have been) as an accomplice.

I'm also peeved (at best) by the attitude that even underage girls are responsible for the behavior of adult men as if men could be removed of all personal responsibility because they're men (and btw, I think women are more likely to believe this than men, which includes mothers who focus more on her daughter's behavior and fathers who focus more on any boys who come around his little girl, and gods help any man who does).

If they ask politely, to go to the loo, I just say: "Go, go, go, and hurry back!"
Confusedmile:

I think everybody here is missing the point.

We have all fallen for somebody we shouldn't when we were younger, so yes it's quite possible they were just in love, with nothing sinister about it, and looking at her picture, she looks older than 15, and at 30, he seems a young 30.

This does not make it right at all, but I can under stand it.

The point you all seem to be missing, is the fact he was her teacher.

A person in a position of trusted, that signed a contract promising to teach and protect his pupils, and to keep professional boundaries, as required by law.

He will now be charged quite rightly, with abduction, unlawful sexual intercourse, breach of trust, and all manner of other charges.

We just have to hope the CPS do their jobs properly, and the Judge locks him away.

Marc, I believe you're being really harsh... What if they WERE in love, as you said... The point is he's her teacher, ok, we get it... Where in the law does it say that a teacher can't fall in love with one of their pupils? Does the law actually say that?

Who are we to judge how genuine that relationship is? I've heard of many many stories of teachers falling in love with (and vice versa) the people (pupils) they teach, and not all stories end up like that. Some end in marriage, and families.

The real problem here is the abduction. That was way out of line, even if the young couple didn't see any way out of a complicated situation, if only for all the trust and worry issues that their elopement caused the parents.

On the radio, the parents didn't sound angry... more anxious to see/hear that their daughter was ok. Will they sue the teacher/lover? Would they sue someone in a different profession, although the relationship seemed to be one of shared consent? These are all questions the judge and jury will have to consider. Should the teacher be considered as a pedophile or should we just see this as a star-crossed love affair?

princealbertofb Wrote:. Should the teacher be considered as a pedophile

he'd be considered an ephebophile
although will probably be called a pedophile , because that word gets used for anyone who is attracted to anyone under legal age ~