Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more dispensaries than Starbucks
Denver currently has more dispensaries than it does Starbucks

fyi:
at least the town (where i life is known for something), its legal on the state level but not on the federal level. Obama is not enforcing the federal drug laws for the weed.

Hasnt really changed a lot here i dont expect reefer madness in Denver town living rooms en mass. Maybe this is a good thing, save the budget fewer DEA agentsInvasion

legalize it i guess but i find pot heads sort of dumb

jay and silent bob movie

It's common in California, too, and people with the right card called a 215 will often buy for those without one (for a tip, of course). Dispensaries have a better rep than many street dealers (who hate dispensaries in turn) because they sell a high quality product (or at least you get what you pay for) while many of the dealers are said to sell schwag. Disliking dishonest business practices I favor dispensaries for that reason alone. Though I don't get why it's not more a prescription, but then I favor total legalization anyway.

But one memory haunts me. A homeless guy in the park toked up in broad daylight while there were families, including small children, around. One mother asked him to please smoke that somewhere else and he very rudely shouted back "I have a 215!" I really wish people who smoke it wouldn't alienate the public like that and show some respect for others. That kind of inconsideration is a big reason why many became alienated with tobacco smokers.

HollandofFrance Wrote:jay and silent bob movie

I've only seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, so I must ask...are Jay and Silent Bob as portrayed in this movie the same as in earlier movies? Because if so then they (and other characters) should not be mistaken for real life people at all.

Though I will say smoking pot helps me to enjoy movies like that (as it was I only suffered through it because I'm such an Eliza Dushku fan, and it had a few moments I liked, though even then I only watched it because someone else rented it). I know the people who rented it are big pot smokers and I presume most who like that movie are as well.

HollandofFrance Wrote:legalize it i guess but i find pot heads sort of dumb

jay and silent bob movie

Hah, I hung out with many pot heads when I was in college. There were two that I was very close to. And yes, for a while, I smoked pot.

My friend (lets call her Kate) was the first chair violinist with my university's orchestra (not a music major btw), received a dual degree in History and Political Science, was the valedictorian of her class, and was a Truman Scholar. After graduating with her Bachelors, she went to work for the Human Rights Campaign as a Congressional Analyst. She worked with HRC for three years, and then went on to Berkeley Law. She is now a human rights lawyer, and she is the first person I ever smoked pot with.

My friend (lets call her Ann) received a Bachelors of arts in Literature and a Bachelors of Science in Geology from my university. At the same time she was earning those two degrees, she was a debate coach for a local high school, the first undergraduate Editor-in-Chief of the regional literary journal published by the university, Edited the Louis and Clark Journals, and served as an editor for one of the nation's oldest and most prestigious literary journals. She is now in her second year of her master's program where she is pursuing a masters in English with a focus in poetry and a masters in Geology with a focus in Geochemistry. This summer she received a research grant allowing her to do experiments in the field of carbon sequestration at the Los Alamos National Laboratory. She is the last person I smoked pot with.

You will forgive me, but I cannot make that generalization about people who smoke marijuana.

Edit: And,yes, don't bother asking . . . I do envy their accomplishments, but I am also very proud of these two wonderful women.

Inchante Wrote:Hah, I hung out with many pot heads when I was in college. There were two that I was very close to. And yes, for a while, I smoked pot.

My friend (lets call her Kate) was the first chair violinist with my university's orchestra (not a music major btw), received a dual degree in History and Political Science, was the valedictorian of her class, and was a Truman Scholar. After graduating with her Bachelors, she went to work for the Human Rights Campaign as a Congressional Analyst. She worked with HRC for three years, and then went on to Berkeley Law. She is now a human rights lawyer, and she is the first person I ever smoked pot with.

My friend (lets call her Ann) received a Bachelors of arts in Literature and a Bachelors of Science in Geology from my university. At the same time she was earning those two degrees, she was a debate coach for a local high school, the first undergraduate Editor-in-Chief of the regional literary journal published by the university, Edited the Louis and Clark Journals, and served as an editor for one of the nation's oldest and most prestigious literary journals. She is now in her second year of her master's program where she is pursuing a masters in English with a focus in poetry and a masters in Geology with a focus in Geochemistry. This summer she received a research grant allowing her to do experiments in the field of carbon sequestration at the Los Alamos National Laboratory. She is the last person I smoked pot with.

You will forgive me, but I cannot make that generalization about people who smoke marijuana.

Edit: And,yes, don't bother asking . . . I do envy their accomplishments, but I am also very proud of these two wonderful women.

at 15 i smoked it-i liked it

but i quit for reasons

they smoked it all though college?

i had one silent bob movie only, 7 years ago or 10

for my goddamn post herpetic neuralgia i probably need the pot, but too screwed up to figure it out and my damn doctors are overworked inept people who cant or wont figure it out -it enrages me i think

otherwise i could take nuereontin which sucks

im sick of this inept state and the system -if i was in Holland id me better off in some ways

i dont want sympathy but the damn phn disease is the worst or almost the worst one

sympathy and 2 dollars will get me a cup of coffee

MS sucks too and lightening strike survivors are bad off

the worst is ALS i guess

im sick of being treated like shit by society

thereare some Republicans that will advocate legal pot totally like William f Buckley and rev pat Robertson

the bastards in government endlessly play games -in a way ron paul is the best but he sucks

I used to smoke it in college, but I dunno...it's not my thing.
I am not the relaxing and being dopey type.
Time is so limited and there are so many things I want to do apart from being high.

And once I realized that, I kinda grew apart from the friends around me that still likes it, and thats the end of my concern for pot.
Unfortunatly I dont have any close pot head friends that can prove me wrong about being high a waste of time. (I did enjoy it ... but not as much as studying/ engaging in business)

Pot is safer than Alcohol and needs to be legal everywhere, it also has many health benefits, and there are non-smokable forms if your worried about your lungs. Here in NY, due to the draconian "Rockefeller anti-drug laws" there are mandatory minimum (meaning the judge has no say) sentences of 10-20 years for anyone with more than a small amount. The amount of time sentenced has to do with various factors and the judge has no say. Before Reagan you would just get a ticket.

I used to smoke regularly to help me relax. I was in an intense High school for "gifted students" and they didn't care what you used as long as you got good grades. Then again I was no "pot-head". Though I still smoke on the rare occasion.

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear gilhooly,

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat.

Reason: Making Incomprehensible/Nonsensical Posts
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

I love marijuana. I smoke it when I first wake up and pretty much all day long. It's not for everyone, it takes me down a couple notches -- but I'm the type that needs a little bit of that. I think this year will be California's year for some much needed relaxation of state drug laws (not that it changes much).
Heres to a dispensary on every corner! Invasion