Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more dispensaries than Starbucks
We have dispensaries all over the place here and though they are legal on a State level they are illegal on a Federal level which trumps everything....

Under Obama last year there was a federal crackdown...landlords who rented to dispensaries were threatened with having their property seized.

I see they are still open for the most part though some did move along. Different cities in the Bay Area drove them out.

I don't understand why the DEA would hassle the landlords because they are sure making it easy for the Mexican Drug Cartels whom they "claim" are the enemy.

I truly believe that the pharmaceutical companies here in the US who...by the way...get a HUGE amount of taxpayer dollars for research and then turn around and screw us to the wall with the prices...I think their lobbyists and the politicians whom they own turn up the heat on the dispensaries because they do not want to lose too many prescription drug addicts to the kinder and gentler and sometimes more effective Mary Jane. They won't make any money and that makes them and their shareholders angry.

Where the local laws in Denver County, where i live, are supportive for the legal sale of marijuana, the Federal and State laws are still there. There is a directive that the Federal gov not enforce the current laws.
so
say you you work for a federal or state of Colorado function in Denver County you best not buy weed. just fyi.

I dont smoke the weed and really dont care about this specific issue but posted this to emphasize how we put walls up for even the most tiny change in N America. There is no change in things here. Denver is not experiencing Reefer Madness as we were lead to believe.

So if we allow same sex marriage, instruct schools to put a national spotlight on gay bullying and end gay employment discrimination there will not be a moral collapse in our society. Just a tiny 3% of the population will live brighter more successful lives.