Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
music
Wilem Wrote:... I REALLY love Dido and Aeneas ... mainly becuase "When I Am Laid In Earth" makes me cry, I'm playing the harpsichord part in a forthcoming performance of aforementioned aria, ...
That superb aria has had the same effect on me every time I have heard it since the first time well over thirty years ago. When Albert was in a production of D & A a couple of years ago I was a real crybaby when we got to the end and that beautiful, beautiful ground bass introduces the song. What a privilege to be playing harpsichord for a performance! Enjoy!

Quote: Oh and I love lots of Quasi-operatic stuff also. Verdi's Requiem, Carmina Burana and the like.
I have more experience of the choral repertoire than the opera. I've sung the Verdi two or three times, but only bits of the Orff. One day, I want to play THE drum in the Requiem * POW! * POW! * POW! * POW! * dies irae! dies irae! ..... now that's power Rolleyes

Wilem Wrote:Tuut
stereotype party!

I'll bring my Weather Girls CD.

Bring it on cant beat a party with good company and cheesey music!:biggrin:

Wilem Wrote:Tuut
stereotype party!

I'll bring my Weather Girls CD.

lol... what you sayin!! Wink You're talking to someone who's danced on stage at Wembley Arena with Miss Ross! (1997... I was 13).

How my Mum never figured I was gay is beyond me!! lol

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:lol... what you sayin!! Wink You're talking to someone who's danced on stage at Wembley Arena with Miss Ross! (1997... I was 13).

How my Mum never figured I was gay is beyond me!! lol

HA !

marshlander Wrote:That superb aria has had the same effect on me every time I have heard it since the first time well over thirty years ago. When Albert was in a production of D & A a couple of years ago I was a real crybaby when we got to the end and that beautiful, beautiful ground bass introduces the song. What a privilege to be playing harpsichord for a performance! Enjoy!
Yeah!
Mind you, there isn't even supposed to be a harpsichord in it. It's pretty much the only part of the opera without. It's just this silly edition. Sigh. Still! Hoorah!

marshlander Wrote:I have more experience of the choral repertoire than the opera. I've sung the Verdi two or three times, but only bits of the Orff. One day, I want to play THE drum in the Requiem * POW! * POW! * POW! * POW! * dies irae! dies irae! ..... now that's power Rolleyes
:biggrin:
I was a little boy alto in Orff a while back... fantastic. And LOUD! full 300 choir! Probably more, to be honest! #Hazy memory.# All I can remember is laughing at the back with my friend...!

And that is a legendary drum part... Still no where near the Rite of String Timpani part! Percussionists wet dream!