Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not comfortable just yet
I am completely out, and my friends and family accept me fully. But again I come back to my original place. I am having trouble accepting myself. I figured this would help. But I just am not comfortable in my own skin, even less so now because everyone knows.

I know I would bitch if I was hung with a new rope.

Is this something that will be overcome?

Smile stop thinking about it. Live your life. Honestly with coming out things don't need to change. For some people it's a turning point, but for some nothing happens. It can be frustrating if you hoped for things getting into moving.

Give yourself a break from the thoughts about your sexuality. *hug*

Say your straight or gay your core personal vales will not change. so if you were looking for some personal improvement in some deep area; not.

as a Gold Card carrying gay man and a bona fide homosexual i demand you look at a gay man's ass as a thing of desire. Invite them into your bed and into your life. You were always gay.

Nick9 Wrote:Smile stop thinking about it ... Give yourself a break from the thoughts about your sexuality ...
gay or straight relationships and friendships and acquaintances are mostly the same. success as a human being is quantity and how vivid these relationships are. As a gay man you should be more successful with the joe.

A sexual orientation to me is no different than your hair colour... just don't think about it and get over it to be blunt

I was in a similar place when I came out in college. I came out without really being ready. I just kinda got use to it when I realized the people I cared about had no issue with it so why should I. I think the two things that helped the most was making other gay/bi friends and dating helped to.

Also nice to see another Houston guy around here.

There will come a time where everything you do is just you being you - no real 'This is gay/That is straight' thoughts attached.

Understand that you have been hiding for a long time here. Being in that closet and always being aware that you have to be careful and 'hide' any clue that you are Bi/Gay has taken its toll.

You will need to work on all of that, and work at not 'second guessing' and examining everything you do as being Gay/Straight. It is something you did until it was second nature, now you have to unlearn all of those habits and learn to be 'just me' without always being self-conscious that you may tip people off.

If you ever want someone to talk to I'm around. Always up for new friends. Especially around houston.

Although I really don't have an answer to this I would like to express that I have, for a long time, felt similar to that.

If I could point to what actually helped me personally in what you've described, I'd say it was coming out to myself (but for a different reason than what I typically hear). I was really strict on what I was "supposed" to focus on and homosexuality was so off the wall yet seemingly relevant that it really hit me sideways so to speak. After that, several of my other concerns seemed to just clear up because I quit focusing on them and explored something that was genuinely just my own interest.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I finally accepted myself when I gave some other topics some credence in my mind besides just the ones I felt duty bound to answer.

Again, I don't know if this will help at all but I really wish you the best in having a fulfilling life and being comfortable in your own skin! All I can go off of is what happened to me.