Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
olives
megumidesu Wrote:i know that feeling . i'm japanese and i don't eat any seafood 0__O
we're terrible examples of our respective nations Smile
I do not represent the stereotypical Italian in many things .. XD I'm a little english, a little japanese, a little french etc... XD

Ekwarph Wrote:I don't eat frog legs neither. :o

I tried escargot and frogs legs once, to see what they were like....
I didnt like them. Frogs legs actually tasted like chickenfish. Yeah, I know theres no such word, but thats the only thing I can say that describes them.
The snails tasted like salty rubber. Didnt care for them at all.

Also tried some octopus, which had no taste at all.

So much for my European gourmet palate.

[SIZE="5"]Garlic Olive Oil Dip
[/SIZE]

(for bread)

1 cup green olives, pitted and minced.
1 cup black olives, pitted and minced.
1 clove of fresh garlic, crushed or minced
1 cup of your favorite olive oil

Mix and refrigerate overnight.

Let stand to room temperature before serving.

Serve with french bread slices, mini baguettes, or toasted bread squares.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I tried escargot and frogs legs once, to see what they were like....
I didnt like them. Frogs legs actually tasted like chickenfish. Yeah, I know theres no such word, but thats the only thing I can say that describes them.
The snails tasted like salty rubber. Didnt care for them at all.

Also tried some octopus, which had no taste at all.

So much for my European gourmet palate.

I think you haven't tasted good snails. It's very good when it's well cooked, with the garlic and persil butter that is called litterally "snail butter". Love

You can dress a snail up but its still a snail, the texture puts me off, i imagine its like chewing a bit of rubber, though you can pour that "snail butter" down my throat, garlic sends me gaga, im a terror with garlic bread, if were sharing a baguette, I will eat the whole thing by the time you've had one slice Big Grin

Well ok. It might be the equivalent of your jellybean, you have to be French to like it. Big Grin