Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
olives
partisan Wrote:mmmmmmm...... french food sound so good Smile

That's the only reason which keeps me in France Wink

Nothing better than a good cheese which is not yellow-colored plastic as we find in the US Big Grin

I love all olives, when I was in Iraq I actually got to have some fresh green ones, which were very different, after being used to only having the ones you buy in stores. They have a more bitter character to them, but still pretty good.
Richard

love 'em! any of them.

but i didn't as a kid. my sisters use to smash them into my oreos so they could watch me spit black stuff everywhere.

later, one was like "when did you start eating olives?"... and the other said, "when he started soaking them in alcohol."

dvdbwn Wrote:love 'em! any of them.

but i didn't as a kid. my sisters use to smash them into my oreos so they could watch me spit black stuff everywhere.

later, one was like "when did you start eating olives?"... and the other said, "when he started soaking them in alcohol."

lol. I hated them as a child too, it put me off trying them for ages, i dont think id like to eat one whole though (if thats what i presume you do when your drinks finished) i like to compliment it with other things, i think i would find it too strong on its own.

I love kalamata olives and how savoury they are.

As for green olives, I like how they whet the appetite. The best ones i've had are from a store called Nosh that stuffs them with real pimentoes instead of horrible yucky vegetable jelly crap.

Although I have to admit, too many olives make for an unpleasant experience. It's all that intense flavour resulting in a weird ruined umami aftertaste.

I like them on bread, crusty, chewy bread with a salty olive to cut through it mmm

Heck yeah! I love kalamata olives too! All olives are awesome though.

Ooh and olive oil!

I love the taste of good olive oil. You absolutely hve to buy local though, unless you have the ability to teleport to the mediterranean. All imported olive oils that are readily available taste terrible (at least in new zealand. I think it might actually have to do with how far we are from europe...) because they're starting to go off.

Once I was in Titirangi market and mum bought me a tiny bottle of olive oil for ten dollars and oh my god it was so tasty.

I also love the smell of olive oil heating up in a pan.

I found a recipe for olive oil chocolate mousse that sounds delicious I must try it sometime.

One time in shanghai my family had this really good bottle of olive oil that had been just sitting and going rancid in the cupboard for apparently a couple of years or so.

I wanted to cry. Sad oh well at least it's some decor.

I'm Italian and I don't like olives. Shame on me. XD

sillyboy86 Wrote:I'm Italian and I don't like olives. Shame on me. XD

i know that feeling . i'm japanese and i don't eat any seafood 0__O
we're terrible examples of our respective nations Smile