Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pansexuality
Ran across this word in another thread, and thought it deserved a thread of it's own. I seem to have a vague recollection of this word, but am not sure what (maybe it's what I decided I must be many years ago).

So what is pan-sexuality, and how is it different from bi-sexuality. I myself find that I am particularly attracted to t-girls but I always figured that was just part of my bi nature, since their femininity would appeal to my hetero side, and their maleness would appeal to the gay in me.

Maybe it's not that simple, though?

~q

Pan meaning all
Sexuality meaning sexuality
To these people as far as I know are not attracted to gender but more personality.
That's how I've been understanding this for a long time

A lot of people have trouble with the idea behind this word. To put it clearly, bisexuality means you are attracted to both men and women. This one is easy enough, since we all understand the gender binary concept. Pansexuality goes beyond that by implying attraction outside of the gender binary. This could apply to anyone also attracted to transexuals/transgenders, genderqueer, androgyny, or anything else that could possibly be considered outside of the typical gender binary.

I guess I could be labeled as pansexual, but I just stick with bisexual because it's too tough to juggle all those labels around. It's good to know what they all mean at least, but people don't really need fancy labels all the time.

Pretty much what Kyle said, though I'll add that the trouble with words like these is that people use them in different ways so it can get confusing and there's bound to be overlap and gray areas. So use whatever identification feels best to you and don't take it too seriously, because they're just words and we're people.

Lets say, hypothetically, that perhaps I'm attracted purely to the concept of masculinity in itself, regardless of the gender of the person that it's attached to..... Obviously, that wouldn't fall under pansexuality... right? What label would that fall under.... something like masc-pansexuality? Anybody know of a legitamate term to coin such an "orientation"? Now, I'm curious.....

As much as I don't care for labels, I'd consider myself gay, although, there have been instances in my life where I'd been really turned on and intrigued by some "studs". Their masculine energy, swagger, and looks had me questioning my sexuality to an extent.

Example:

[Image: show-studio-stud-6-827x1024.jpeg]

[Image: 7241b8d9478e0662e04fc5c98927f35d.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mvilemTHr21smhb69o1_500.jpg]

[Image: VMagStuds1.png]

[Image: 275250-raven-symone-coming-out.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ltgkkhNHcx1r06wdmo1_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mhbiq2mPcF1qzw909o1_1280.jpg]

Being gay, I don't think I could fall "in love" with a stud lesbian, but some of them, their personalities and the way they hold themselves can get my hormones to race, on initial contact, although, I could never be in a relationship with one, since my sexual needs would never be meet through the absence of male naughty-bits, and contact with a vagina and female breasts.

would you fall into the category of 'in love with'?

Wikipedia says this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexual

Others are more brief:

http://www.yourdictionary.com/pansexuality

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pansexuality

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...nsexuality
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Its the same as bi… nothing more.

Its offensive.

oh because people who are bi are not attracted to personality!

Its pseudo-intellectual bullshit and I cant believe your all buying it!

Pansexualiy is bisexuality, they just want to tell you gender is irrelevant in there little make-believe world.

Its not a thing. Whoever says that needs to FUCK OFF.

The thing is…

A person who says "pansexual" is a thing is also saying bisexuality is something else.

Its not a sexual orientation… its not.