Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pictures (in your home)
Do you like to have pictures on your walls at home, if so what do you like, would you say its modern style or more of a certain period. Do you like minimal or cover every square inch? Do they complement each other or just random pictures? Do you like frames? Or film/music posters? Family/loved ones portraits, incoherent ramblings scribbled in your own... no forget that, what covers your walls ???

Thats all. Smile

I live simplistically, since I dont make much money, there is no use in having "nice things".
What little I do have is in boxes in the "living room", which is really my storage area.

My bedroom is where my bed, clothes and computer are. Only thing on the wall is a calendar, with mountains on it.

If I could afford a REAL place to live and have nice things, I would like pictures on some walls.
I pretty much like one large "blank" wall to be covered by lithographs, different sizes....kind of like tiles on a wall, while the other walls have furniture near them or have small accent pieces hanging on them.

It also depends on the style of the house. A Victorian home would be done differently than a modern home, which would be done differently from a country home, which would be done differently from a technologically advanced home....etc, etc....

My personal favorite "taste" is Gothic Gingerbread Victorian.
The Munsters Mansion is a good example of that.

Oh, as far as wall hangings go....
I like lithographs of old movie stars and old black and white movie posters.
Old faded colors too, not just black and white.
Would LOVE to have a wall of Doris Day lithos!!!!

Oh my, i would love to live in the munsters mansion :biggrin:

With The Munsters!

partisan Wrote:Oh my, i would love to live in the munsters mansion :biggrin:

With The Munsters!

There are many, MANY people who have built custom homes to look like the Munsters home. They dont all look old and dilapidated, they are quite nice.

I have a Kill Bill poster, an Eraserhead poster, a Fullmetal Alchemist poster, a framed paper containing my name in Kanji (gift from Japanese teacher) and a hand-made painting from my favourite show Revolutionary Girl Utena (gift from friends) Smile

MisterTinkles Wrote:There are many, MANY people who have built custom homes to look like the Munsters home. They dont all look old and dilapidated, they are quite nice.

im envious to those people!

SolemnBoy Wrote:I have a Kill Bill poster, an Eraserhead poster, a Fullmetal Alchemist poster, a framed paper containing my name in Kanji (gift from Japanese teacher) and a hand-made painting from my favourite show Revolutionary Girl Utena (gift from friends) Smile

Cool! Though eraserhead! Eugh, that film gave me head pains Big Grin

partisan Wrote:Cool! Though eraserhead! Eugh, that film gave me head pains Big Grin

I can see why people would find it boring or pretentious but I've always loved it Smile Thanks though!

SolemnBoy Wrote:I can see why people would find it boring or pretentious but I've always loved it Smile Thanks though!

It was a while ago i watched it, i may give it another go sometime :-) it was just.the soundtrack, or whatever you want to call it, and just weird for no point, and yes i was actually bored and kinda fazed out during the last half

I always have a room that is mine. That room typically strikes others as surreal. In addition to blacklight posters (mostly fairies and Alice in Wonderland theme), I have a hippie and yin-yang throw blanket pinned up (the yin yang one is actually on the inside of my closet door so I only see it when the door is open, which it's currently not).

I used to have a poster board I made with several bumper stickers on it in support of various liberties with a slant toward the humorous and snarky surrounding the pic (color copy from a game rule book) of a ghaele eladrin (a fictional celestial/angelic race in D&D 2.0 Planescape that fought tyranny and social repression wherever it was found in championing the values of Chaotic Good) which was sort of my icon to help me feel sanctuary against society. Since I got older I started cringing a bit at it and got rid of it, but I saved the eladrin part and she still hangs on my wall, and now I also have a sticker of Kim Possible as well (which has a symbolic meaning for me, but I don't feel like explaining it), and a pumpkin sticker (as October is so important to me as described in my poem here).

I have many other eye catching pieces in my room, like my lava lamp and lamp that doubles as a sculpture of many mushrooms (and I have a black light of course), and what gets the most comment (or question for those not familiar with the works of Lovecraft) is my futon with Strawberry Shortcake blanket with Cthulhu plush toy (and also slippers) on it.

But I prefer to keep things tasteful and minimalist to the rest of my home, though I have a preference for paintings of beaches and oceans, not sure why, including stormy ones, and I'm also a sucker for flower motifs (wallpaper, dishtowels, carpet rugs, etc), though not in my room itself (and I'm not even sure why). Though if I ever became wealthy I'd like get many paintings of Tanning.