Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pictures (in your home)
My windows look out on a fantastic view of treetops, water and islands, so pictures would pale by comparison. The only one I like is over my bed: a reclining Buddha, eyes closed, flower petals in his open palm.

I'm an atheist, but I find the image inspirational and very relaxing.

I have a huge picture framed of my family in the middle of my apartment and my various awards and certificates framed and hanging all about. Not to sound bragging, but I have no where to store them.

And I have Musical Terms and Symbols and what not placed all over, not only helping me remember stuff, but makes my apartment feel musical <3

I only have one piece of art, and my ex-wife has it at the moment, two time zones away, but I do want it back (she held on to it for me until I had a place to hang it). It's a painting of a sliced and peeled orange and it says "ORANGE" in Times New Roman underneath, with printed sheet music backwards in the background.

Counselor Wrote:I only have one piece of art, and my ex-wife has it at the moment, two time zones away, but I do want it back (she held on to it for me until I had a place to hang it). It's a painting of a sliced and peeled orange and it says "ORANGE" in Times New Roman underneath, with printed sheet music backwards in the background.

The sheet music to this perchance?

I think things on the walls to cover up holes cos there are bits that have been punched in... Yeah.

My favourite picture is a tall, narrow, metal framed photo of a cliff, right at the top is a old-fashioned car, on the very edge, in the car there's ten men, all standing and lifting there hats, sort of saluting at the camera. the photos maybe 100 years old. I also have quite a few nature scenes, I have one of men in a sloping field working the hay, another of stag and deer by a waterfall & trees, that one has a beautiful frame, I have 2 hanging Chinese scrolls, and lots more.

I used to have plenty, but since I bought the kids a house, they perloined most of them

They kindly left me with a few

The first pic is a Gabrial de Jong, oil on canvass . Brother of the really famous Tinus de Jong which the kids nabbed. it is dated 1940

The second is a Sandy Bernstein woodcarving (you ok's in the States may know of her. Immigrated to the States from SA some 25 years ago, and gave it to me it before they left

There are 3 distinct representations therein can you make any of them out?

I offer a noddy badge if you get all 3

The third one is a oil on canvass , artest unknown but I really like it, It reminds me of a spot I know of between Harrysmith & Ladysmith on the road to Durban

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My walls

Richard

I used to have plenty, but since I bought the kids a house, they perloined most of them

They kindly left me with a few

The first pic is a Gabrial de Jong, oil on canvass . Brother of the really famous Tinus de Jong which the kids nabbed. it is dated 1940

The second is a Sandy Bernstein woodcarving (you ok's in the States will know of her. Her and her partner Immigrated from SA and gave me it before they left.

There are 3 distinct representations therein can you make any of them out?

I offer a noddy badge if you get all 3

The third one is a oil on canvass unknown but I really like it, It reminds me of a spot between Harrysmith & Ladysmith on the road to Durban

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I can't believe it... No one has any nudes!!!

[Image: 006-1.jpg]