Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pictures (in your home)
At my house in England there is mostly film poster on the walls . And in my bedroom I have a lot of Purikura pictures with my sisters and brother . They don't take up a lot of room though so maybe I will add some other picture one day . . .

trialbyerror Wrote:I used to have plenty, but since I bought the kids a house, they perloined most of them

They kindly left me with a few

The first pic is a Gabrial de Jong, oil on canvass . Brother of the really famous Tinus de Jong which the kids nabbed. it is dated 1940

The second is a Sandy Bernstein woodcarving (you ok's in the States will know of her. Her and her partner Immigrated from SA and gave me it before they left.

There are 3 distinct representations therein can you make any of them out?

I offer a noddy badge if you get all 3

The third one is a oil on canvass unknown but I really like it, It reminds me of a spot between Harrysmith & Ladysmith on the road to Durban

3 representations on the wood carving TBE?

I have 4 paintings - landscapes that are a 'theme' although painted by different artists, they are enough alike to be hung together.

I have the San Francisco Photos taken by a friend, 4 SF Landmarks (Golden Gate bridge, Park Greenhouse (the old one), Trolley on Powell, and the Bay Bridge. She took the pictures herself, then set them inside a map of San Francisco. Sort of a reminder to me of 'good times' I guess.

In the Bedroom there are Comics and a few posters of Marvel comic heros. these are my exe's/roommates.

I also have a few chunks of interesting wood on one wall - burl woods from various types of trees. Thin sheets of cross sections of burl.

IF I ever get around to building my house, it will be a cross between Mission Style (As in Church Mission/Spanish and Arts and Craft - I want the interior to be wood, with exterior walls being thick white plastered and visible post and beams. Interior walls stick framing with solid wood paneling (not that sheet stuff, solid wood that has been framed) Enough space to hang my nature paintings and my burl segments - but the majority of the walls would be blank. Think of a rustic lodge/cabin being rammed into a Spanish Mission... you get the idea of what I like.

I do so want a 60" high book shelf that runs around two to three walls of a room for my books. Just high enough to keep the books up, but not so high as to suffocate everyone. Top shelf (top of the book shelf) to display my other interesting crap....

partisan Wrote:incoherent ramblings scribbled in your own...

This (lol jk...... I think......)