Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
polari (gay slang)
Robertson Wrote:ill be honest state schools these days leave alot to be desired

When the kids are saying that I know the situation must be bad!
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

surley it can't be any worse than the 70's and 80's when I was at school people were always being beaten up and bullied and that was by the teachers. these days one clip round the ear and they are branded an abuser and put on an offenders list. we had a teacher who used to throw the chalk board rubber at us if we talked, now that hurt but we shut up pretty quick Confusedmile:

fudger Wrote:surley it can't be any worse than the 70's and 80's when I was at school people were always being beaten up and bullied and that was by the teachers. these days one clip round the ear and they are branded an abuser and put on an offenders list. we had a teacher who used to throw the chalk board rubber at us if we talked, now that hurt but we shut up pretty quick Confusedmile:

One of my old teachers ran out of the school crying, and he was a rather tough guy.

Its not right how kids can treat teachers and the teachers cannot react.
Com'on throw a pen at them or somin, kids don't know how easy they have it, well maybe they do thats why they take advantage.

Schools are shit now anyway, I never enjoyed it one bit, it lacks discipline.
But if I had the chance to go back, I would skip school I never did any work their I just focused on websites at that age, is I skipped school I could of don't a lot more with websites and been a lot further along.

Somewhere along the way the peculiar notion that schools should be happy places where children turn into full rounded adults entered popular consciousness. Traditionally, schools were where children were sent to learn things, which were sometimes several hundred years out of date, and no-one cared whether they liked it or not.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I have stopped writing in slang, it was ignorance on my part, dont be expecting punctuation though, on the subject of the schools it is not even about learning any more, its on in subjects where you are sorted by how well you do, like in english we are the top class but most of it we need to do ourselves becuse half of the year our teacher isnt in, the other half where she is she will walk in 20mins late with a cup of coffee and blame it on the kettle being too slow, then she will have the cheek to leave 10 mins before the end and not return, for the 20mins she is there shell talk about her and her husband, and they wonder why we turn out like this, but to be perfectly honest i couldnt and wouldnt do it any other way, never ever would i go to a private school, (no offence to anyone) but they are so far up their own arse its unbellivable, see i do debating and im always up agains private schools and usually we end up being the only public one and i hate them, there so stuck up, they look down on us like were shit on their shoe, i personally find it hillarious though when they walk in with skirts down to their ankles and my partner has a skirt that you would pass off as hotpants, the moral of the story is we beat them, kind of diverged a wee bit there but im just saying, eaither school is equal, you just need to try and look past the idiots throwing things at teachers in publick schools.

Robertson Wrote:... half of the year our teacher isnt in, the other half where she is she will walk in 20mins late with a cup of coffee and blame it on the kettle being too slow, then she will have the cheek to leave 10 mins before the end and not return, for the 20mins she is there shell talk about her and her husband ...
I have worked in well over 500 schools. I cannot name one where your teacher would get away with such staggeringly unprofessional behaviour for any length of time. What is the school management doing? When did you last see an inspector?

ehhm we got an hmi inspection in january but obviouslty the teacher be teachers when they come, and obviouslly the pupils say there good because they continue to run riot in the classes, but yeah i think she had cancer though so that kind of explains the half a year off.... and my physics teacher, first day of higher we walk into the class, he goes yeah im not here this period and walked out. and ever single day he will stroll in and out as and when it pleases him, its a nightmare

I haven't read half the posts

SHAME on me.....

BUT .....

Bring back Polari

I think it is kinda missed

Robertson Wrote:ehhm we got an hmi inspection in january but obviouslty the teacher be teachers when they come, and obviouslly the pupils say there good because they continue to run riot in the classes, but yeah i think she had cancer though so that kind of explains the half a year off.... and my physics teacher, first day of higher we walk into the class, he goes yeah im not here this period and walked out. and ever single day he will stroll in and out as and when it pleases him, its a nightmare
I understand how disruptive inconsistent teaching can be for dedicated students like yourself. Obviously you can only report on your experience and, while compassion is called for in the case of long-term and serious illness, your teacher's absences should be approached by the school with a view to causing minimal disruption to your education. It all sounds very much like weak management from what you describe (as near to a hanging offence as you can get in OFSTED terms). Do you have a school council through which you can address your concerns? Be bold and mince as fast as your lallies will take you to charper out the nearest school council chicken with whom you can polari eek to eek to get you out of this cod situation.

I thought we had drifted off topic then but Marshlander saves the day with a bit of polari at the end Xyxthumbs