Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
science of gay
asdfadsfasdfasd

Interesting idea, but it doesn't really pass the common sense test for me.
I am the oldest of 7 children, I have 3 brothers, all straight, and 3 sisters, all straight.

Richard

This is just another one of those cases of researchers seeing what they want to see in their "science." Nothing solid ever comes of these theories.

Kinsey's studies from the 60s seem to be the only ones that have retained much credibility over time.

I'm with the school of thought that everyone has innate hetero and homo tendencies. Nature makes one stronger than the other, but environment can bring about some change as well.

Well, the human genome has been mapped already...for 10 years or so...so, Where's the gene?...Wheres the locus?, Which cromosome? Please, so we can start directed point mutations!!!! Then we can erradicate diabetes, cancer and gays!!!!!!!

Nonsense

It makes me feel almost disgusted some of my fellow scientists are so incredibly narrow minded...blaming the whole gay "behaviour" to a single mal-functioning protein? It's sooooo much more complicated than that...what about the enviornment?, what about the fenotype? what about the developments of neurological networks? What about 100 other variables that lead to the shaping of a single human's behaviour?

And choosing to change the genotype of an infant to make them blue-eyed and blond?

The idea is not new...Nazi Germany had it to, it was called Eugenesia..

Does it matter if they find the "gay gene" or not? Like south biochem said there's so many other factors like enviroment etc

They'll find it some day, give 'em an excuse to terrorize us, or they won't find it, still give 'em an excuse to terrorise us, a load of good-to-do straight guys lives will be ruined - " Betty, please dont leave me, i love you, and the kids!" "Sorry george, doctor said your queer as a pancake" Then in the gay scene it will become a thing - "so rob we’ve been seeing each other a few weeks now, your a wonderful lover a great companion the most perfect person ive ever met, loyal, compassionate and smart, hope you dont mind me asking but are you gay" - " well not technically but..." - "just get out"

Bleh. Aren't there more important things for our scientists to be researching? =/

A theory is just a guess from someone who claims they know what they are talking about, even if they dont know shit.

The world is as full of theories as it is stupid people.

Just because its in writing does NOT make it true.

tha fuq, it's not like being gay is some sort of cancer :l like, it is like part of our brain, or idk...

YOU CAN'T CHANGE GAYBYS YOU BASTARDS!

Oh, but I'm also the youngest of 4 so yeah lol

I can't be bothered reading.

But the best studies and theorems I've read related around the chance of kids being gay when they were the latter of many offspring from the one mother.

Something like a much higher density of gay kids with a larger extended family. But still no explanation, possibly from a caretaker point of view in nature, or natures way of trying to control population.