Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should I invite her to my birthday even though we just met ?
I went to a gay bar last weekend and met another lesbian there , we pretty much flirted with each other and gave each other our phone numbers . We decided that we want to be friends first to get to know each other but I want to be more than friends and I'm wondering if inviting her to my B day party will look to desperate and will be too much too early .
What should I do I don't want her to get upset if I don't invite her but then I don't want her to think I'm desperate for inviting her . Elefant
I also have a huge crush on her how do I not let my parents see that I like her and not act like it .

Is the birthday party at your home? If it's in a bar or something else in public, why not give her the chance to let her decide, at least that's what I would do..

Ammon Wrote:Is the birthday party at your home? If it's in a bar or something else in public, why not give her the chance to let her decide, at least that's what I would do..

It's at my home

Maybe later that night after the b-day party you and a bunch of friends can go out somewhere, and you can invite her to join you at that time. It might be easier for her not to meet all your friends and your parents all at once.

Is it with your family or just friends? If family is there that could be too much too soon. If it's just friends, then go for it. Her seeing you with your friends in a comfortable environment could be a great way for her to get to know you and maybe ignite the sparks.

For me personally, I would like to be invited, knowing me I would refuse the invitation because I don't like going to peoples home, especially if I'm just getting to know them. But she might appreciate it and drop by. If it was other way around (and forget you having a crush) a new friend you just met has a b-day party, would you want to have him/her invite you? What ever the answer is, I believe you should follow it. Because in all honesty we can't answer that for you, every person is different...

AlohaS Wrote:Is it with your family or just friends? If family is there that could be too much too soon. If it's just friends, then go for it. Her seeing you with your friends in a comfortable environment could be a great way for her to get to know you and maybe ignite the sparks.

It's family and friends the party I'm having is not on my actual b day my b day is after the party . I'm just wondering what to do I think meeting the family is way too soon

What you just said works perfectly with what Camfer said. Invite her out with your other friends after the party with your family.

Why not?

Aside from the whole gift giving issue (which is easily set to the side when you tell her she doesn't have to slap a gift on you), there shouldn't be a problem.

You have family and friends present, she wants to be a friend - well treat her like one.

I would invite her regardless. The worst could be that she says no!.