Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
solar eclipse in N America Sunday
a ~80-09% solar eclipse expected in the western N America Sunday. Pardon my bad; i am not even going to speculate intensity and time for other areas.

the link has a fancy graphic map with yellow flags to clicky on but they are not to tight on wither the times are am or pm. Nice jobRolleyes. My thinking its early PM Sunday in the western US.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/18...ostComment

[Image: o-SOLAR-ECLIPSE-2012-900.jpg?2]

i missed our last one as i was taken to scotland for the day to move someone up there and sadly wont get to see the next until 2090

Thank for the share.

i would love to experience nighttime in dayhtime hours it would be fun id imagen and confusing if not for us at least for the birds...

It hit here last night. It was only partial here, but I wasn't expecting it to hit home - north of us yes, but here?

It was eerie - I would say about 1/3 of the sun was covered at peak. Mind no observing equipment I only took glimpses every now and again.

Around here the birds started the twilight chirping for a while, then stopped - a silence for about a span of a half hour - even the kids across the way usually outside in their back yard playing and screaming became silent.

It was near sunset when it took place, thus the sun was pretty low on the horizon, so we had two sunsets on one day, the sun setting behind the moon then the sun setting behind the horizon.

I won't see this unfortunately. :-( A safe way to see a solar eclipse is to get a ball cap and look through one of the little holes in the top from the bottom of the hat or so. 6" away, give or take. If you don't have any other means, this works great!

It was supposed to be partially visible here, but sunday evening was cloudy...