Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some thoughts! :)
Well, I'm just 17... And i do not know a lot about "The World" yet... But i kind of have an idea of it. I do not came out to anyone yet! I can't imagine how my parents will take it, i'm also not so worried about it, although they love me so much , if they can't accept this part of me, i can say i'll be fine without them, that includes my 5 older siblings LOL. And the thing i want to know is... How is your life now? In the sense of... If you are openly gay, does someone bother you for that? Some bully or whatever? And the relationship with your family? If you have nephews, how are they with you? I'm not effeminate ( but i was a little bit, when i was in elementary school) if you were asking to yourself Tongue . The things is that, If you are openly gay, you have to be prepared for people judgement. ( who cares what people say either way?) I think that only the ones you love have to know that you're gay... There's no need to tell the whole world about it... Or say it every 5 mins... So! What do you guys think?

"Gay" doesnt have anything to do with anyone loving you or liking you.

You are you. If they cant accept YOU, then shove them out the front door.

By accepting a label that society has brainwashed you into believing....you have castrated, pigeonholed, and stereotyped yourself and your life.

Just be you. If you bring home some guy and they have a problem with it, then its THEIR problem, not yours.

Be a decent human being...dont be "gay".

My personal motto is--
Im not "gay", Im not "straight"...I am ME. I have always been ME, I have never been anything else but ME. If you dont like me, then you know where the front door is.

1. How is your life now? In the sense of... If you are openly gay, does someone bother you for that?

Life is pretty much 'meh' Not to great not to bad - it just is. Being gay in day t day life doesn't appear to be too abnormal, well at least from where I stand.

2. Some bully or whatever?

The last act of 'bullying' I received was around 2000 when Prop. 22 (Anti-Gay marriage bill in California) was the talk of the state. My trucked got keyed, some bright homophone keyed 'Fagot' in the side of my truck - The little rainbow flag bumper-sticker was the only really telling sign that the owner may be gay.

3. And the relationship with your family?

I am estranged from my blood relatives. Not because of the gay thing, but due to a lot of other stuff that went on well before I became and adult. Neither of my parents are well individuals. My mother is now dead, died in 2007 and I didn't learn about it until 2012. That is how not close we were. I haven't so much as sent a Christmas card to my father in over a decade.

4. If you have nephews, how are they with you? I'm not effeminate ( but i was a little bit, when i was in elementary school) if you were asking to yourself Tongue . The things is that, If you are openly gay, you have to be prepared for people judgement. ( who cares what people say either way?) I think that only the ones you love have to know that you're gay... There's no need to tell the whole world about it... Or say it every 5 mins... So! What do you guys think?

I am openly gay as in I don't hide the fact, but I am a 'straight acting' individual - meaning I don't have stereotypical 'homosexual' characteristics. I have no problem talking about my BF/Partner when I have one with people. If asked 'are you married' I was honest to say 'Nope, the State of California won't let me marry my potential husband'. Asked if I had a GF I would honestly say 'No, but I have a boyfriend does that count?' Now that I am single the answer will most likely be a simple no when asked - no need to elaborate I guess.

The 21st century of America is far more open and tolerant. With the abolishing of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, and the overturning of the anti-gay marriage legislation it is clear that the USA is on track for complete tolerance. Yeah like every other minority there are the haters and haters gotta hate. But the majority are more accepting and have no problem with it and a decent chunk are offended if anyone is anti-gay. Thus bashers have a tendency to be openly called a 'bigot' if they open their mouths and spew their hate.

MisterTinkles Wrote:"Gay" doesnt have anything to do with anyone loving you or liking you.

You are you. If they cant accept YOU, then shove them out the front door.

By accepting a label that society has brainwashed you into believing....you have castrated, pigeonholed, and stereotyped yourself and your life.

Just be you. If you bring home some guy and they have a problem with it, then its THEIR problem, not yours.

Be a decent human being...dont be "gay".

My personal motto is--
Im not "gay", Im not "straight"...I am ME. I have always been ME, I have never been anything else but ME. If you dont like me, then you know where the front door is.

THAT'S IT!!
I'm sooo glad that there's people that thinks like me lol that's just the way i think ,you know?? My exactly thoughts! Big Grin
Being gay is just part of you! Not all of you,... There's so many friends i got ,that being gay takes all their personality..."Gay gay gay"

And yeah you're all right Smile be a human being, be yourself, don't just "gay"

And no, of course i didn't accept any label or anything like that, and i won't ! Wink
The only label i get and i'll accept it the "singer and songwriter" one lol

I love you motto by the way! Lol

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:1. How is your life now? In the sense of... If you are openly gay, does someone bother you for that?

Life is pretty much 'meh' Not to great not to bad - it just is. Being gay in day t day life doesn't appear to be too abnormal, well at least from where I stand.

2. Some bully or whatever?

The last act of 'bullying' I received was around 2000 when Prop. 22 (Anti-Gay marriage bill in California) was the talk of the state. My trucked got keyed, some bright homophone keyed 'Fagot' in the side of my truck - The little rainbow flag bumper-sticker was the only really telling sign that the owner may be gay.

3. And the relationship with your family?

I am estranged from my blood relatives. Not because of the gay thing, but due to a lot of other stuff that went on well before I became and adult. Neither of my parents are well individuals. My mother is now dead, died in 2007 and I didn't learn about it until 2012. That is how not close we were. I haven't so much as sent a Christmas card to my father in over a decade.

I'm so sooorry Sad , so you have some troubles with your father?

4. If you have nephews, how are they with you? I'm not effeminate ( but i was a little bit, when i was in elementary school) if you were asking to yourself Tongue . The things is that, If you are openly gay, you have to be prepared for people judgement. ( who cares what people say either way?) I think that only the ones you love have to know that you're gay... There's no need to tell the whole world about it... Or say it every 5 mins... So! What do you guys think?

I am openly gay as in I don't hide the fact, but I am a 'straight acting' individual - meaning I don't have stereotypical 'homosexual' characteristics. I have no problem talking about my BF/Partner when I have one with people. If asked 'are you married' I was honest to say 'Nope, the State of California won't let me marry my potential husband'. Asked if I had a GF I would honestly say 'No, but I have a boyfriend does that count?' Now that I am single the answer will most likely be a simple no when asked - no need to elaborate I guess.

The 21st century of America is far more open and tolerant. With the abolishing of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, and the overturning of the anti-gay marriage legislation it is clear that the USA is on track for complete tolerance. Yeah like every other minority there are the haters and haters gotta hate. But the majority are more accepting and have no problem with it and a decent chunk are offended if anyone is anti-gay. Thus bashers have a tendency to be openly called a 'bigot' if they open their mouths and spew their hate.

You're so right in all the things you said! Smile and loved to read some of your history ! I found it very interesting and helpfull to my thoughts...
And yeah you're right! There'll always be haters and mean people around! For everything ... Not only for gays, straight people bully straight too , for any reasons, any flaw. They just want to be mean ...
I also do the "straight act" lol
Thank you SO much! Big Grin

I can't imagine how my parents will take it
odd a child has to come out to their parents, all of you lived together for a long time and no one suspects. No one asked? Just sad parents have been in denial about something in their child so big to shape the child's live forever.
If you are openly gay, does someone bother you for that?
No; i am completely out and no one has an issue with it. Being gay, at least the last few years has become no big issue. The average joe on the street dosnt care and only wants what is best for you. Obvious i am not in high school. I came out to my self much later in live. Thus my life experiences have been about a straight man's view. I think the older generation of gay men had to compensate for being in the closet which has generated an odd culture for them. You have a whole live ahead of you, make it as complete as you can and include a career, household, children and a husband...
the relationship with your family?
i out lived them all so mute point for me. If you have any doubt i would wait till your financially secure and completely independant before outing your self to the family. Or if you find your self in a solid relationship that demands you share your life with someone else. Your dont owe your parents anything. Why out your self to people who cant provide some sort of emotional support.
There's no need to tell the whole world about it
There really isnt a need to tell anyone, or tell only those that can give you emotional guidance for example a good girl friend, a sister, what ever. If you have a relationship with someone its difficult do this in the closet so look fwd to that. If your college life depends on that big check from the rents by all means staying in the closet makes for good judgment. I know its difficult to have to lie about where you were Friday night, the boy friend you just met...