Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
something is wrong with people.
I'm really upset at the world and the way things are going. How people are becoming more soulless.

I was out side by my car and started watching this guy asking for money. First, he went up to a women and asked for one dollar. The women ran away from him not even responding. Then the guy goes up to my mother and she does the same thing.
I'm in shock because me and my mom aren't exactly rich. My mom is a good person but it kind of shocked me to see what she did.

"I'm not telling you this to make my self look like a good guy."

i walked up to the guy and gave him the one dollar he wanted. The guy was sun burned and had sores on his arm. When he said thank you, i could hear the pain and heartache in his voice.

It was to much for me.

This guy was the nicest guy you could meet. At least acknowledge his existence and call him Sir.

Well that's human nature.

I'm pretty much like you. Most of my friends don't think I should be too kind to people in need. Another thing that annoys me is how few of my wealthy (ex) friends act superior toward other people like waiters or salesmen. I usually had to apologize to them on behalf of my friends.

But do remember, don't stop being kind to people. Believe it or not, one person can make a change to a person's life.

Jay Wrote:Well that's human nature.

I'm pretty much like you. Most of my friends don't think I should be too kind to people in need. Another thing that annoys me is how few of my wealthy (ex) friends act superior toward other people like waiters or salesmen. I usually had to apologize to them on behalf of my friends.

But do remember, don't stop being kind to people. Believe it or not, one person can make a change to a person's life.

being nice to someone saved my own life one time.

Well done.

I've seen all kinds of destitute people over the years... Some truly need help, while others panhandle as a way to make a living,,,, or, some just need the money to get their next 'fix'...........

A couple years ago, I had a young healthy looking man approach me at a strip mall with the claim that he had lost his wallet and needed money to rent a hotel room until funds could be sent to him. He was well dressed & definitely a charmer who could talk people out of their hard earned money. I didn't give him a penny!!!!

Last year,, I had another young man approach me at a strip mall. He looked thin & malnourished. He said he was hungry and I had no qualms with opening my wallet for him. He may have been a crack-head looking for another 'fix',,, or may have been a person who was hungry and in need of a meal,,, I didn't really know,, so I took a chance and gave him 10 bucks. Hopefully he used the money to put some food in his tummy.

Whenever you give money to strangers, you run the risk of further enabling their drug habit, etc,,, or actually helping an individual who is down on their luck. It's like a crap-shoot.

On my way home from a restaurant today,, I saw a panhandler working at a stop-light. He had nice shoes on, clean clothes, and was smoking a cigarette. He probably makes more money than most of the people who roll down their car windows and give him a couple bucks!!!

There are loads of individuals & companies who will try anything to scam you out of your hard earned money. You have to be wise when giving away your money, or you'll be taken advantage of. Only give what you will not miss - whether that be 1 dollar, or 10 million dollars.

That's my two cents (smile)...
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:I've seen all kinds of destitute people over the years... Some truly need help, while others panhandle as a way to make a living,,,, or, some just need the money to get their next 'fix'...........

A couple years ago, I had a young healthy looking man approach me at a strip mall with the claim that he had lost his wallet and needed money to rent a hotel room until funds could be sent to him. He was well dressed & definitely a charmer who could talk people out of their hard earned money. I didn't give him a penny!!!!

Last year,, I had another young man approach me at a strip mall. He looked thin & malnourished. He said he was hungry and I had no qualms with opening my wallet for him. He may have been a crack-head looking for another 'fix',,, or may have been a person who was hungry and in need of a meal,,, I didn't really know,, so I took a chance and gave him 10 bucks. Hopefully he used the money to put some food in his tummy.

Whenever you give money to strangers, you run the risk of further enabling their drug habit, etc,,, or actually helping an individual who is down on their luck. It's like a crap-shoot.

On my way home from a restaurant today,, I saw a panhandler working at a stop-light. He had nice shoes on, clean clothes, and was smoking a cigarette. He probably makes more money than most of the people who roll down their car windows and give him a couple bucks!!!

There are loads of individuals & companies who will try anything to scam you out of your hard earned money. You have to be wise when giving away your money, or you'll be taken advantage of. Only give what you will not miss - whether that be 1 dollar, or 10 million dollars.

That's my two cents (smile)...
Jim,
They are REALLY bad in Pensacola for some reason. Not long ago I had a guy approach me in the King Buffet parking lot (Nine Mile) asking for money, saying he was wanting to buy food at KFC next door, I gave him $10 and then sat in my car and watched him walk straight across the street to the liquor store. It really makes me hesitant to give anyone anymore money, you also never know if they're going to snatch your wallet as soon as you open it.

I'm sure we've both seen the same panhandlers at I-110 and Airport Blvd., they're always workin' that intersection.

the guy i gave the money to had the spirit.

he was with christ.

i know some of them do drugs and drink.

i was a nice kid my self and you know what happens to nice people in this world.

its just nice to know that something is in the after life.

it kind of sucks that hell is real.

i had no clue i was the one going to hell???

i always thought of my self as a nice person.

guess god thought something else of me

Whenever such a person approaches me instead of money I go and grab them something to eat, that way I'll be sure they'll really use the money for food. There are a lot of children doing this in my country too and I just know how they're being waited up to give the money so their parents or older brothers can have alcohol or I don't even want to think what. That's why I prefer buying something to eat, there's always some food stall or something nearby

Pcolakuntryboy Wrote:Jim,
They are REALLY bad in Pensacola for some reason. Not long ago I had a guy approach me in the King Buffet parking lot (Nine Mile) asking for money, saying he was wanting to buy food at KFC next door, I gave him $10 and then sat in my car and watched him walk straight across the street to the liquor store. It really makes me hesitant to give anyone anymore money, you also never know if they're going to snatch your wallet as soon as you open it.

I'm sure we've both seen the same panhandlers at I-110 and Airport Blvd., they're always workin' that intersection.

Yep,,, the panhandlers have their favorite spots in this town (smile)... Pensacola seems to attract these folks...

We've been to Kings Buffet on 9 mile rd. a couple times. Lately, Tom and I have been going to the restaurants around Cardova Mall. Today we went to Millers Ale house on Airport Blvd - they have good coffee and always give you more than you can eat!!!. Airport Blvd is where I spotted the well dressed panhandler today.
We Have Elvis !!