Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the end.
i've enjoyed GaySpeak and my time here. you're a decent group of guys. maybe i'm a little too aggressive and forceful for some, maybe more than is average here. i don't know. this is what i'm like. some see it as being offensive, some don't. who's right then?

in case my last post on that suggestion thread gets deleted by someone, i think it is ridiculous to get infracted for what i said to LEANDRONJ there. i can get out of line sometimes, but i was not out of line there. i've said worse things on this site. if you want to give me an infraction, do it where it's actually worth it, and i will agree with you. that was not an infraction-material post by far. not that any of this makes any difference.

have fun, guys.

Hey Meridian, Don't leave us just because of this incident. There are a lot of different personalities on GS and I have had a few not so favorable interactions with a couple members here. I still have respect for them and their opinions even if they are different from mine. I just step away for a few moments, relax, and all is good again.
Don't leave us! I like reading your post.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

I agree... don't leave. We all have a little bad boy in us and get that speeding ticket, slap on the hand, punch in the nose, spanked, ...

I read the thread/post in question and didn't really understand it either, but Andy seems like a great guy and I'm sure as long as you discuss it calmly, rationally, and like an adult he'd explain it to you.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't find you offensive at all. You are not a troll so in my mind everything is fine.

I don't think people need to agree on everything or anything ...just have mutual respect for the space we are in.

You bring a lot to the board and I do not want to see you go....I hate it when someone I like leaves...damnit.

I dont know about the infraction and whatnot but i hope you dont leave, i just looked at your profile, we are both 31, 5ft7, slim, dont drink alcohol, do drugs often, love shutter island (im always arguing to people who said its not a good film) and the x-files and can be a little too forcefull and aggressive. I’ve also had an infraction and made a similiar thread as this, you’ll feel different tommoro, i enjoy your posts Smile

meridannight Wrote:i've enjoyed GaySpeak and my time here. you're a decent group of guys. maybe i'm a little too aggressive and forceful for some, maybe more than is average here. i don't know. this is what i'm like. some see it as being offensive, some don't. who's right then?

in case my last post on that suggestion thread gets deleted by someone, i think it is ridiculous to get infracted for what i said to LEANDRONJ there. i can get out of line sometimes, but i was not out of line there. i've said worse things on this site. if you want to give me an infraction, do it where it's actually worth it, and i will agree with you. that was not an infraction-material post by far. not that any of this makes any difference.

have fun, guys.

I find it hard to imagine you leaving GS for good because someone gave you an infraction. Even more difficult is it being one infraction for something you clearly stand behind as not being worthy of an infraction. Maybe the infraction was applied out of spite and no consideration for the integrity of GS in general. Either way, if this results in your not returning, that is a sad testiment to both you and the person who gave the infraction. It's just too much like trivial drama...but I guess we all have to call it as we see it. Best wishes for you though because I've truly enjoyed your participation in the forum.
Sad
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I don't understand what this is about. If you have't posted anything that broke the TOU, why ware you given an infraction?

MikeW Wrote:I don't understand what this is about. If you have't posted anything that broke the TOU, why ware you given an infraction?

this is what i'd like to know as well. moreover, it appeared to me as if LEANDRONJ was the one who decided the infraction altogether, and how can the same person i am having a disagreement with in the first place decide whether or not the disagreement is infraction material? in all such cases it should be third party. or if it was a third party why doesn't the infraction mail come from third party then? it did not have Andy's name on it; if it was his decision why doesn't it say so? this is very confusing and misleading.

but even in the latter case, if it was third party and for some weird reason it doesn't send out infraction mails under their name, the case still stands that that was not an infraction-worthy post. there are a dozen posts in my history i can point out myself where i could deserve to get an infraction, and i wouldn't drop a word if i received infractions for them even now, but that post was not the case. moreover, the stated reason is absurd. there was nothing nonsensical about what i said there. if you're offended just say so, don't paint it as something else.

Anyone and their grandmother can give an infraction. The idea is that if someone is being a fuckstick, the community can mark that person with a bunch of infractions, leaving the admin to be like "oh wow this fellow's being a real big fuckstick, I should do something about it." While this allows a community to mostly moderate itself, you get cases where people might misuse the feature and tag someone either due to miscommunication (gs has a colorful history of misunderstandings getting blown out of proportion) or just being butthurt. I'm guessing the notification mail is automated. There are only so many options one can choose as the "reason" for infraction; nonsensical post is one of those, along with spamming ads, abusing other members, etc. If I'm not mistaken one infraction won't affect your ability to post or do other things, it'll go away eventually.

This thread would seem more appropriate to the "suggestion thread" where it belongs. The tendency for an altercation to spread across threads is a problem on any forum. That said, it is here, so I am posting here.

The real problem seems to be that the site admin didn't answer your post with anything more than a cool demeanor that came off defensive or irritated, siding with your detractor who clearly had gotten the whole problem bassackwards when he repeatedly posted crap about how the age display even worked. Once the site admin took sides by posting a thanks with the other member, it made your suggestion indeed into the partisan division that LEANDRONJ had framed it to be. LEANDRONJ's posts surmised that anything posted against the site's status quo was basically the equal of ungratefulness to the site admin, which basically came off as sycophancy.

That you received an infraction is another topic, detailing another flaw with site design if it allows scraps with other posters to leave a mark that is not adjudicated. It is essentially an unpopularity rating when not governed.