Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the great knife debate
okay so me and my dad got into another dabate( about knives) and to anybody who owns or collects knives i want to know what you prefer bowie style knife or kukri style knife(please dont post on this thread if your going to turn it into a completely different debate, and if you dont know what either or is do some research)

Interesting that you should want a debate about knives when you are from Toledo (USA). Did you know Toledo, Spain, was the world renowned city of cutting edges???? knives included?

If I had to choose only one as part of a collection I'd go with a Bowie knife because I know a lot more about its history. Both have their specialty uses though so I'm not going to say one is better than the other.

princealbertofb Wrote:Interesting that you should want a debate about knives when you are from Toledo (USA). Did you know Toledo, Spain, was the world renowned city of cutting edges???? knives included?
guess you learn something new everydayConfusedmile: but getting back on topic which do you prefer?

oh and before i forget i should probaly but in my 2 cents, i'm a kukri man mainly but bowie's still hold a special place in my heart( especially ka-bar knives)

jaxc Wrote:guess you learn something new everydayConfusedmile: but getting back on topic which do you prefer?

I haven't a clue. I don't know what either knife stands for. I'll stick to my Swiss army knife, ok? Wink

This is hard to say....I prefer the bowie-style knife ONLY because it has a re-vamped european based design, but it's not as "pretty" looking as the kukri style knife; The inner gay voice in me is going for the kukri, because of the unconventionality of it's design, and handling. The bowie is a nice utility knife, and is simple in approach and design; it practically gives away it's lethality, and screams what it'll do to you IF YOU ALLOW IT! But, the kukri whispers....

I choose the kukri...lol Smile

I've got two beautiful antique penknives, a Guinness penknife on my apartment key ring, and a gardening knife, a Swiss Army penknife which I carry everywhere. I know what a bowie style knife or kukri style knife are, but they are not much good to carry around day to day.

Coffee

Bowie Knife all the way!

princealbertofb Wrote:Interesting that you should want a debate about knives when you are from Toledo (USA). Did you know Toledo, Spain, was the world renowned city of cutting edges???? knives included?

[COLOR="Navy"]Sorry princealbertofb but I've got to totally disagree with you on that point, the best knives in the world were and still are produced in Sheffield, in fact Sheffield led the world in producing knives for hunting and the rest. If you don't believe me below is a website to handmade knives. In fact any self-respecting wealthy hunter from North America would buy themselves a Sheffield hand made hunting knife...
[/COLOR]

http://www.sheffieldknives.co.uk/