Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ufos / aliens
Just thinkning about the possibilities of other life forms gets me excited. The presence of other galaxies should imply life somewhere out there. I personally have never had an experience with UFOs but I wouldn't disregard the possibility of life other than what's here on earth. UFOs could also be crafted by scientists and engineers for experimental purposes.

As some of you already know, I'm an admirer of Carl Jung (who wrote a little bit about UFOs).

In a nutshell, he thought our searching the "skies" for "intelligent life" was basically the modern, "rational" and "scientific" search for God.

Through many different cultures the "mandala" is a symbol of God (see pic below).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mandala?s=t

Oriental Art . a schematized representation of the cosmos, chiefly characterized by a concentric configuration of geometric shapes, each of which contains an image of a deity or an attribute of a deity.
(in Jungian psychology) a symbol representing the effort to reunify the self.

1. Hindu & Buddhist art any of various designs symbolizing the universe, usually circular
2. psychol such a symbol expressing a person's striving for unity of the self

[Sanskrit: circle]

Word Origin & History

mandala
1859, from Skt. mandala "disc, circle."

[Image: Jung+Man+and+His+Symbols+Mandala+Cover.jpg]

Jung suggested it is really our subconscious mind tapping into the myths, symbols and metaphors of the "Collective Unconscious" when we go searching for "flying saucers" and "discs".

Something to think about.

Indeed, why are we always searching OUT THERE for intelligence when we really should be turning INSIDE ourselves and searching our own hearts and minds.

Smile

LateBloomer Wrote:Indeed, why are we always searching OUT THERE for intelligence when we really should be turning INSIDE ourselves and searching our own hearts and minds.

Thank you for the reading tip, LateBloomer.

And why? Maybe because it is more promising to look for the intelligence and new nice beginnings in the sky, than to hope for finding it here.
And searching our hearts and minds... can be harder than keeping our mind preoccupied by serious scientific research. It is also not necessarily more satisfying.

You got it Nick.
Smile

What if we were the aliens? :eek:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7SxU5k7IEHXmzHB2IbzD...X2L-kBT_EQ]
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

We can all wait for Dec., 2012, to come. Plus, NASA did discover some bacteria on Mars.

Fascinated with the pursuit and contact of extraterrestrial life.

It never fails to annoy me however when disbelievers look down upon you for it. I always tell them that out of the millions upon billions of galaxies in our universe, I find it horrendously arrogant to not believe we are the only intelligent life forms in existence.

the truth is out there..... (don't hurt me! I couldn't resist!) :biggrin:

I just always think that there is no way the humans could have built the pyramid.
I find the Transformers movie theory of shy the pyramid exsists far more convincing than what we learn at school.

There must be something out there!

There is something of course.
The further scientist know about the origin of the universe, the more they believe in god.