Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vickys son
And so.....such was the state of things in 1918 that it took but a mere week to topple the kaiser.....I mean can you imagine...it took them at least months to topple Nicky, and those peaseants in Russia were a force to be reckoned with..

but Wilhelm...nope, just a few insubordinate sailors in Kiel, and that's all it took for people to demand Wilhelm to be out and Imperial Germany to fall to the ground...

And, irony of all ironies, Wilhelm escaped to the Netherlands, and lived just long enough, till 1941, to see the country overran and occupied by the Wehrmacht.

Yes, a family feud... loved the quote by prince philip.

"Id love to go to russia but the bastards killed half my family"

Ah the wit of philip.

He once asked a lifeguard if she worked at a strip club on the weekend.

Off topic :p

I know it was only a trigger, was just a fascinating article i read, naturally a lot longer than the above.

Ah what happened, more posts, where they come from, bloody ninja! :p

Wow thanks south, i wonder how wilhelm felt when he saw the netherlands occupied, thats crazy.

mmmm...I think mix feelings were happening...I mean, to see a powerful Germany topple enemy after enemy in series of non-stop victories, must have been a matter of pride..

but since Nazis represented a complete new form of authoritarism, that literally broke off all ties to the monarchic past, maybe he was a bit upset too...nostalgic of those days prior to 1914...

History nerd fight!!!!
[Image: nerd_fight.jpg]
LOL

MisterTinkles Wrote:History nerd fight!!!!
[Image: nerd_fight.jpg]
LOL

Well, what do you want?

My country has not been in a war since 1884 and Britain since 1982 (one that involved Brit territory)

All that's left for the both of us is to analyze previous ones...

Biglaugh

southbiochem Wrote:Well, what do you want?

Biglaugh

I want more!!!
Nerd fights turn me on!!!!
Hubba-hubba-smiley

LOL

Thanks for the history lesson! More, more, more! :p

MisterTinkles Wrote:I want more!!!
Nerd fights turn me on!!!!
Hubba-hubba-smiley

LOL

you creeper...Rofl Rofl Rofl

Jovial Wrote:Thanks for the history lesson! More, more, more! :p