Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
votting
I would vote Green every time but I find myself in the position to try to vote against someone than for the candidate I most agree with...and that candidate is usually the Green Candidate. We are deadlocked into a two party system here...I wish there were a viable thrid party candidate as I hear there is this time around in the UK.

how did you come to the conclusion that ukip is racist?

i votted for laber.i like them

marshlander Wrote:I'd vote for you, Fred Wink

Thanks, Marshy. I'd vote for me too so that's at least two votes.

eastofeden Wrote:We are deadlocked into a two party system here...I wish there were a viable thrid party candidate as I hear there is this time around in the UK.

It depends what you mean by viable third party candidate. The Liberal Democrats will never win an election (except possibly in the far future), this election however they might have held the balance of power, but that now looks unlikely. However in practice most seats are two way affairs, Conservative v. Labour, Conservative v. Lib Dem or Labour v. Lib Dem. In America due to your primary system you have much greater chance to influence who the party chooses as their candidate,

However in news that may cheer you up the Green Party got its first seat, Brighton Pavillion. Unusual seat, essentially it became a 3-way marginal seat, also there is a large 'gay vote' there, so it may explain why the Greens seemed to spend more time talking about gay marriage than they did about climate change.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:... Unusual seat, essentially it became a 3-way marginal seat, also there is a large 'gay vote' there, so it may explain why the Greens seemed to spend more time talking about gay marriage than they did about climate change.
On the other hand Caroline Lucas is an exceptional person. Let's hope she has the strength to deal with the system over the coming Parliament.

Good for you, Joseph! You've made your choice and that's what counts.... Confusedmile: