Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you think
if it's consensual and loving then who cares

what other people do to each other sexually is none of my , or anyone else's , business .

Cuddles Wrote:I'm shocked.
Has the world gone mad?

Incest is just disgusting.
It's wrong on so many levels.

Thank god it's illegal in the UK.

Even thinking about it disgusts me.

What could ever make a guy want to shag his dad or his brother?
Incest IS a mental disorder.

If you want sex with your family members, you are sick individual and you need help.

It is that simple.

you know that people say the same things about homosexuality , right ?

if a relationship is between two consenting adults who love and care about each other , and neither is abusive at all , then what does it matter ? it's no one else's business .

there have been many stories of siblings separated for years who meet and fall in love without realizing that they're siblings . suddenly they're criminals and evil because of something they really can't help.

because you can't help who you fall in love with .

The natural reason to not doing that is the genes problem as mentioned above.

Though personally i don't feel comfortable about it (by imagining sth within my family), I think it's the same feeling as some people see gay and lesbian community.

So as gay couples don't get mix genes for their offspring i'd say there should be no problem about it, plus that it's actually quite common in the very old past in western (as i know) especially in royal family

a lot of what is being said in this thread is this:

IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO YOUR PERSONAL BELIEFS!!

With that being said, I'm indifferent towards the matter. The idea of experimenting with a male cousin has crossed my mind, but I have never acted on it. If it happened, it happened. People experiment, give into temptation. Everyone has different values and morals, so not everyone is going to agree on the matter.

Cuddles Wrote:There is an enormous difference, and I'm sure any intelligent person can see that.

If it's an issue of intelligence rather than emotions bordering on hysteria then I'm sure you can explain it. Note that "it's disgusting" is a subjective and emotional value and not valid in a rational debate (unless of course the question is why you personally would never partake in such, just as it would be ok for a straight guy to say he'd never be with a gay man because he found gay sex icky, which is different than saying gay sex itself is icky).

OTOH, maybe you'd like to rephrase that to, "I'm sure anyone who shares my extreme prejudices can see that I'm right"? :tongue:

rmf Wrote:Of incest? I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are of it

It depends. I'm going to ignore historical and think only on the idea of contemporary incest, and even so I still have a lot of questions. For example, are we talking coercive or consensual? The experimentation of youth or adult choices? A fling or true romance? And are we talking brother/sister, first cousins, or something more Oedipal? What are the ages of those involved?

But one thing I CAN say offhand is that I think it's ridiculous to say "gay marriage will lead to incestuous marriages" when incestuous marriages have had a long tradition in history AND half the states in the United States, including some of the most antigay in the union who have voted to amend their Constitution to stop gays from marrying or even enjoying civil unions, allow full equality and recognition for first cousins who marry and yet it's never led to gay marriage (so obviously one doesn't automatically lead to the other). It's actually surreal to me that I can marry my first cousin here in California with fully recognition, but not a woman.

I also see much less of a need for relatives to marry as they're already family and thus have many rights (such as hospital visitation and can even affect the taxes they pay if they live together) denied to gay partners.

The issue of conception is no longer relevant with all the contraceptives we have today.

I do believe that adults of legal age should be able to do as they please sexually as long as it's consensual and doesn't harm anyone. Why would you be bothered by the idea of legalalizing incest when it won't affect you in the slightest? Think about it, and I'm sure you'll find that all your arguments against it are either based on genetics (which is now more or less irrelevant) and your personal sense of morality. Sure, I think incest is disgusting as well. I grew up in a society that firmly established that as a fact and truth be told I doubt I'll ever get away from those thoughts. However, just because I have no interest in it doesn't mean I should forbid others from doing it.

Stop feeling so threatened by the topic and resorting to sentences like "It's obviously gross because it's wroooong!". Loads of people say the same thing about us and "it's gross" was never an argument to begin with. Nobody's going to force you to sleep with your dad, I promise.

as i stated above as a same sex gay couple = no exchange of genetics. you can date anyone you choose if your gay.

genetics
there is a genetic clotting disorder "Factor 5", causes you to form blood clots faster than expected. If only one of your parents is pre disposed genetically to carry it you as a child have a 10-20% increase in clotting times. If both of your parents are pre disposed genetically to carry the illness you have a big porblem. The effects are worse.

be the responsible adult here and dont impregnate your family members. I would like to think with 99 billions of people on the earth we could make it a just slightly exclusive club. Give your child a better chance and dont loose track of the real moral issue: dont doom your children to a desperate life, they will hate you.

pellaz Wrote:as i stated above as a same sex gay couple = no exchange of genetics. you can date anyone you choose if your gay.

genetics
there is a genetic clotting disorder "Factor 5", causes you to form blood clots faster than expected. If only one of your parents is pre disposed genetically to carry it you as a child have a 10-20% increase in clotting times. If both of your parents are pre disposed genetically to carry the illness you have a big porblem. The effects are worse.

be the responsible adult here and dont impregnate your family members. I would like to think with 99 billions of people on the earth we could make it a just slightly exclusive club. Give your child a better chance and dont loose track of the real moral issue: dont doom your children to a desperate life, they will hate you.

There are lots of other circumstances that create genetical problems. Perhaps we should also force women over 40 to not have children because God forbid they ever conceive a Down's syndrome child? Besides, in our modern world of contraceptives that argument is invalid.

Now, let's see how comfortable people are with incestuous couples adopting. I'm all for it. I can see why this would seem threatening because it basically changes our family views FUNDAMENTALLY but then again that is something that's subject to constant evolution so I think it's just a matter of getting used to it.